• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Budget DIY CdG Modification for Rubens Barrichello AP Models

quelfala

Renowned Member
21/6/13
Very nice! Gosh making me want to get a rb2 with your plate mod more, let us kniw the pricing with rhodium plating!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Here are photos of the test installation of the plates.
1.) The reduced height with the faux screw heads allows the CdG dial plate to slide in as replacement for the rep plate without widening the distance between movement and top of dial. That means all small chrono hands have sufficient distance from the dial to operate smoothly.
2.) The contrast between the smoothly polished screw heads and center gear with the CdG surface adds to the presentation quite a lot. If you are installing these plates, makes sure to clean the screws and gear with spirits and a dust-free clothe to get the maximum shine. The screws and gear are pre-polished by me to a high gloss, but the plates might pick up dust and dirt while shipping.
Everything seems perfect for an uncomplicated installation.
RBwV3DialPlateMod_zps52916c4f.jpg

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
looks great j,you did a fantastic job:notworthy:

D

d4m.test

Wow. That is some pretty incredible craftsmanship right there. It looks flipping awesome for the relative low expense compared to an LWO, service, and all the custom work needed. Have you a rough idea on final price per piece and how easy is it to install for a relative newb?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I am selling these dial plates right now on the "Parts" sale page on RWI for a limited time. Please let a modder or watch smith do the swap if you have no experience with decasing movements and removing hands. It is an awesome modification for the price.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
A few years ago I paid top dollar for this Rubens Barrichello Dial Plate modification:
1) Missing one screw--the screws that is there is stripped and wrong type
2) No Cotes de Geneve (Geneva Waves) decoration
3) No other mechanical elements on plate
RBGoldoldPlateMod_zpse2548b19.jpg

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
A few years ago I paid top dollar for this Rubens Barrichello Dial Plate modification:
1) Missing one screw--the screws that is there is stripped and wrong type
2) No Cotes de Geneve (Geneva Waves) decoration
3) No other mechanical elements on plate
RBGoldoldPlateMod_zpse2548b19.jpg

bro you live and learn. now you need take apart and install new mod plate hope the movemnet not fall apart infront your face.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I removed the old RB plate mod done my another modder (not Domi) on my RB3 RG. The gear was glued to the hour hand pinion, the rep plate was bored out to make room for the gear, one wrong screw head glued on the plate in 7:30 position, no CdG. Very dirty work, BTW, glad it is out:

OriginalRB3ModPlate_zps07495f13.jpg

fitipaldi

8/10/10
Hi Slaught,

I received your plate and it looks awesome!!! :)

My RB2 has Domi dial mod: he glued 2 head scews + a gear + he did 2 holes, in the plate. Now I want to install your disc. I have a regular A7750 sec@9 defective movement that I use to get some spare parts. Do you now if I will be able to use the regular A7750 plate to install your disc?

thanks

Motoman4540

24/2/13
Got a plate last week... Awesome job! I'll post pics when I get the watch back next week!

Sent from the USS Enterprise using this species' primitive communications network via Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Thanks for the positive feedback,
I Pmed fitipaldi about his question.

DanielV3

Horology Curious
11/9/11
Slaughter,

Awesome work! I need one of these! You have a PM! ;)

Regards

Daniel

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Slaughter I gotta send you by Ruben!!! Need some Domi glass and that gear!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidE550

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/12
I received the plate and it looks great. will post pics when it comes back from watch smith. great job Slaughter , thanks

superdopefresh

I'm Pretty Popular
20/5/15
Here are photos of the test installation of the plates.
1.) The reduced height with the faux screw heads allows the CdG dial plate to slide in as replacement for the rep plate without widening the distance between movement and top of dial. That means all small chrono hands have sufficient distance from the dial to operate smoothly.
2.) The contrast between the smoothly polished screw heads and center gear with the CdG surface adds to the presentation quite a lot. If you are installing these plates, makes sure to clean the screws and gear with spirits and a dust-free clothe to get the maximum shine. The screws and gear are pre-polished by me to a high gloss, but the plates might pick up dust and dirt while shipping.
Everything seems perfect for an uncomplicated installation.
RBwV3DialPlateMod_zps52916c4f.jpg

Hi Slaughterer62,

Are you still selling these cdg plates for RBII?