• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Recommend a Gen watch...$4,000-6,000

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
I am being gifted a watch and I was told to pick one......price range $4k-6k...the person works in the jewelery business...which means they get the watch at wholesale price...and getting a rep is not an option. And he definitely wants to get me a nice brand name watch.

The reps I already have: Sub LV, Daytona, Breitling Super Avenger and PAM 111......id really love a gen SA (since it also falls in that price range)....but i also want to expand on my collection.

I'd LOVE a Rolex GMT BLNR but I think they're still hovering at 10k. Maybe a regular GMT? and switch the bezels?
Maybe a Breitling Chronomat?
Maybe a Rolex Sub-C? I know its similar to the Sub LV i have....but the size difference makes it that much different.
Maybe a Tag? Ive got my eye on the Carrera
I think I can get a Rolex DateJust for around that much?
I dont think I want a milgauss....although i do like the polished midlink oyster bracelet.

Im pretty sure I want a chronograph....metal bracelet. I love the Oyster bracelet with polished midlinks. Not sure what face color I want...not picky

What do you guys think?

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Take a look at the tourneau certified pre owned section. They have a ton of watches in your price range with so many of the brands that you listed. I am sure you will be able to find something interesting there within your price range. But if you are looking for new, i am not sure you will find a Rolex GMT, SubC, daytona in your price range.

http://www.tourneau.com/seo/shop/ce...categoryId=2301&type=&refinementValueIds=5799

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
How about an omega seamaster ;)

i thought about that.....i dunno...ive never been to crazy about the seamasters

Put in some more money of your own to add to this and get something nice

i might go that route as well. i know the BLNR's are hovering around $10k.....im not really in a position right now to drop $4k

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Gen breitling SA

or a tag heuer carrera

preferably something with a chronograph

jsnowball81

Renowned Member
26/12/11
Coaxial Speedmaster or an IWC 3777. Get something that isn't repped well.

Helldiver

Renowned Member
25/9/12
Forget the gen Carrera. I know few Carrera owners and they all sold the watch after a year. Watches didn't work properly and/or cosmetically were not perfect. I am talking about Carreras from 2010/11. Maybe they are better now!? TAG is good in marketing but I would go Rolex for gen I think.

schaffhausen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/10
You'll be blown away by the SubC, don't think twice. Plus if you want to flip it later you'll lose much less than on a Breitling, from experience.

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
I would go with a black GMT. In fact I did. For another 6k I would get a Black Bay and a Breitling Avenger. Each just under 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
IWC 3777, Portofino, Portuguese chrono, or Ingy would be for me. But nothing holds value like a Rolex.

Off the beaten path - Zenith Striking 10th.

aajaxx007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/13
Rolex is a timeless gift that will hold it's value. Happy hunting!

cashless

Known Member
16/12/12
How about you get the Gen SA and sell me your Rep :)

Sent from my iPad when I'm supposed to be working

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
the GMT BLNR is $10k and not offering much of a discount at the moment, i think 15% at max....so thats out.

The bentley models are about $6k...so thats not bad.

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
i guess $10k is the wholesale price.

you know i never considered the explorer. I was hoping for something shinier....polished midlink...which is why i would consider the milgauss before the explorer.