• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Minute/hour not functioning on 2836-2?

TynoPrime

Known Member
20/9/12
Hey guys,

so when I first got this watch the movment wouldn't run, took her apart, there was some dirt on the 3rd wheel; cleaned off and put back together and it's been working great since (-3 sec/day).

Now there's a new problem, the minute and hour hands don't advance. Seconds runs fine; now if I move the hands manually on change setting position roughly every "10 minutes" worth of spacing on the dial there's a click from the movement? If I let the watch run right after this "click" it runs for about 8-10 minutes and stops where the next "click" would be.

Anyone run run into this before? Keyless works or just gear chain? I didn't really want to remove the dial if I don't have to but if it's keyless works related i guess I have no choice.

lofi

Known Member
16/5/10
its in the gear train. I had a similar problem once and removed the minute gear to find that it had separated from the stem. the stem has another cog mounted to it that advances the seconds, that one was fine.