• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

bp seadweller pearl?

sackjarrow

Known Member
17/2/14
My bp sd is on its way and I was wondering how I can fix the pearl. Doesnt seem flat to me.
2lt2b29.jpg

D

d4m.test

Oh. Yea sead, the td told me that too. Guess I'm just being an anxious newbie. Thanks for clearing it up.

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
The BP sea dweller pearl is excellent you can hardly tell the difference between it and the gen one side by side, your one looks good from the photo :)

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
OMG ! sd with ceramic pearl, look at the pearl ring, completaly wrong...

how can they send this rubbish ?!!!! :cower:

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
OMG ! sd with ceramic pearl, look at the pearl ring, completaly wrong...

how can they send this rubbish ?!!!! :cower:

does look like a bp ceramic peal wow it should be flat.lucky op posted his qc pics.i must have missed this thread

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
the ring should be inside the insert, not raised! This watch is busted!

live1

Banned
25/3/13
the ring should be inside the insert, not raised! This watch is busted!

yep mine is flat like a 16610 pearl op i would not accept i bet you can push on that pearl housing and it may sink into the correct flat position.but i could be wrong

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
What are you guys talking about? It should look like this:

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
mates,... this is a wall tall as a mountain , this pearl assembly is for sub C !

it's a scam

66b8e77a01_zps893838ef.png

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
You saying that looks like this? They're nothing alike. And you don't need to being throwing "it's a scam" around like the Sead is out to screw him. He's been around a lot longer than you have.

xfro5091-submariner-ceramic-bezel-black-ult-noobfactory-swiss-eta-2836.jpg

live1

Banned
25/3/13
the pearl housing on the ops sd is a defect the front part is too high.you even proved it posting your pics.look at any bp sd.the pearl is not like the ops.i can't post pics of mine but would if i could.lol its not a scam its just incorrect,u have qc pics for this reason.just ask sead for another with a flat pearl

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
soon I will post photos of another example rep from Sead ...

ps- ok scam is strong word .. correct : this is not piece for sd

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Nothing like the Sub C. We are talking macros here with poor lighting and reflections.

live1

Banned
25/3/13
Nothing like the Sub C. We are talking macros here with poor lighting and reflections.

this,but its still not correct,its an easy fix ,swap for another one job done.or pull the pearl and dump a caddel pearl in there

D

d4m.test

SeaD said there weren't anymore flat ones left, I approved the QC pics after he told me it was correct and that this was a "newer version". I guess not. I'll just replace it if anything, does anyone know where I can get a correct pearl?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm talking about the pearl being flat, as was the OP. The gen pearl is not flat, it has a convex piece of glass or sapphire over the lume.

You may or may not be right about the height of the wall of the retainer. It's awful hard to tell about that in the picture but I can assure you Sead knows what they are supposed to look like and he's seeing it in person. Another picture certainly is in order to make sure.

The ceramic pearl has a very thin chrome ring which is fully filled by the pearl. This one obviously has the correct width of the ring same as the gen I pictured.