• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

why do I wear a luxury watch ?

MrHappy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/10/12
hmm,

factually, I don't.

I wear a luxury watch replica.

Let's presume that a replica is seen as a genuine watch to most of the population.

The reason why I wear one is because of you.

So that you link me to a success story, specifically, a financial success.

Doing so, you would feel confident engaging me to provide you with the range of products and services that I peddle.

To me, luxury watches is nothing but a scam.

It's no wonder why warren buffet sticks to his humble lifestyle, as it is silly to overpay exponentially to project one's financial capability.

It really is.

But I know that I alone, is part of the world, not the world.

So I do what I do, because it is a socially accepted norm.

If I could, I am just happy with my seiko new monster... cause for an affordable price, I get a watch that's automatic & bundled with hacking + winding.

You can't ask for more, without paying for more.

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Each to their own. I doubt people think: "Hmm, that's a $20.000 luxury watch he's wearing, he must be successful", when they see me wearing this.

Tonyy

Renowned Member
3/7/13
hmm,

factually, I don't.

I wear a luxury watch replica.

Let's presume that a replica is seen as a genuine watch to most of the population.

The reason why I wear one is because of you.

So that you link me to a success story, specifically, a financial success.

Doing so, you would feel confident engaging me to provide you with the range of products and services that I peddle.

Earth to Happy:

No one gives a $hit what you're wearing.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
+1

If I'm wearing my Fiddy or an AP, most people won't know or care what's on your wrist.

Except for me. If I see that at a ball game and you're by me, I'm screwed. BC I will eye that the entire game

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Unless it's a Rolex, no one know or care what watch you wear. If it's a Rolex, they just think that it's a fake.

Lindseyctrimble1

11/10/13
I found that only "watch people" and wealthy people notice my wrist and I live in NYC where everybody wears a rolex or luxury watch. It's a staple. Men wear a Rolex and women a Cartier. It's all about the people you are around and the places you hang out. Simple people only understand simple things. The complexity of designer goods like cars clothes aged whiskey and cigars only matter to people who see more than outer shell of an item. You wear the replica because you can't afford the real thing but if you could trust me you would. My father is an architect so he sees a building way different than the average person. That's what I see when I look at my replica watch. Engineering and design at its finest. And the history behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
COLDi, I am right with you. When I am in a store, restaurant, game, basically everywhere, I am on the prowl for people wearing watches. It drives me nuts, and I waste a lot of time doing it probably too like you.

On the other hand 99.9% of people do not care or do not notice what watch you are wearing, or even notice that you have one on. But for me it is those times when people do notice that gives me those good feelings. I got an awesome compliment just the other day and it just made my day. But that happens probably once a month at most maybe, but it's worth it.

MrHappy

7/10/12
I found that only "watch people" and wealthy people notice my wrist and I live in NYC where everybody wears a rolex or luxury watch. It's a staple. Men wear a Rolex and women a Cartier. It's all about the people you are around and the places you hang out. Simple people only understand simple things. The complexity of designer goods like cars clothes aged whiskey and cigars only matter to people who see more than outer shell of an item. You wear the replica because you can't afford the real thing but if you could trust me you would. My father is an architect so he sees a building way different than the average person. That's what I see when I look at my replica watch. Engineering and design at its finest. And the history behind it.

I can pay for one in full, in cash, no problem.

I am a designer.

Have gotten a few awards on international platform too, such as Red Dot & IF Design Award.

I am not afraid to admit that I give in to the society convention / pressures that we all look for social markers on a person, esp someone newly introduced.

I think that's the whole point of this post.

Lindseyctrimble1

11/10/13
I can pay for one in full, in cash, no problem.

I am a designer.

Have gotten a few awards on international platform too, such as Red Dot & IF Design Award.

I am not afraid to admit that I give in to the society convention / pressures that we all look for social markers on a person, esp someone newly introduced.

I think that's the whole point of this post.

My post was directed to anybody not you specifically. Take a replica submariner diving 400 ft deep in the North Pole and see if if doesn't explode off your wrist. We all have to admit there is a difference between gens and reps precious metals and SS. Now $20,000 difference ehhhh not so much.

MrHappy

7/10/12
I really don't think most of the folks who wears luxury dive watches actually dives...

desk dives, plenty.

this post is a general comment on the probability of divers wearing luxury dive watch for diving.

they probably settle for a suunto / casio.

AND... I don't think anyone wears a replica dive watch to dive to 400 ft.

It is mostly a social marker for projection.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Nobody ever looks at my watch, they're too busy staring at my girlfriend......

uqerymu6.jpg

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Someone mentioned aged whiskey...Now we are talking. I will splurge on that any day of the week!

ibmx2

23/10/13
. Simple people only understand simple things. The complexity of designer goods like cars clothes aged whiskey and cigars only matter to people who see more than outer shell of an item. My father is an architect so he sees a building way different than the average person. That's what I see when I look at my replica watch. Engineering and design at its finest. And the history behind it.

Well said

And if you wear or do any thing for others you don't even know
Than a sad existence you live I guess we all make are own personal hell