• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 Noob: is a V4 to be expected?

Msc72

Looking Around
29/9/13
Hi all, I'm pretty fresh here but have to thank you (esp. @Ale7575 :cheer:) for your contributions. It helped me a great deal!

I'm about to buy a Noob V3. But then realized that this version is on the market for quite some time. So is it realistic to expect a V4-version at short notice? And if so does anyone know what new features can be expected?

Thnx!

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
111v3 is super gen like and no one will notice since the flaw is in the back or inside the watch.
keep on waiting and u will get nothing in return, lift ur ass and take action.
:)

rhaykal

Renowned Member
18/8/13
111v3 is super gen like and no one will notice since the flaw is in the back or inside the watch.
keep on waiting and u will get nothing in return, lift ur ass and take action.
:)

good post! Just bite the bullet and buy the v3. You really wont be disappointed.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I really don't see anything much to upgrade on the V3 for what it costs it's excellent value!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The PAM111 has basically reached the point of diminishing returns. Less improvement for more money.

Msc72

Looking Around
29/9/13
Point taken, guys. I know what to do.....

Will report after I received my PAM.

John71

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/12
If you want to take it beyond the V3 level just send it to Vac to do some movement mods and you will have an even more 'gen like' watch... but imo that's not necessary and total waste of money, I would rather spend my money on a new strap :)

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
The PAM111 has basically reached the point of diminishing returns. Less improvement for more money.

Haha diminishing returns.. did you play WoW??

Pull the trigger man, I wear my 111N V3 everyday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
I don't see a v4 coming. The v3 is an amazing watch. The movement is bullet proof. I too wear mine everyday.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Haha diminishing returns.. did you play WoW??

Pull the trigger man, I wear my 111N V3 everyday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Never played it even once. :p The term has been used in rep forums to simply explain why reps will mostly be only accurate to gen up to a certain point, where further improvement towards that elusive 1:1 state will cost too much to be practical. Of course, certain individuals can and will spend the additional money and that's where modders come in. The latest PAM super reps have come so far that they are good enough out of the box without needing modding, but the possibility is still there. :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Pending modifications are included in below threads

The Last Steps to the Gen(Part I)–Swan Neck & Incabloc Mods.–Jan 2013
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pcteam-last-steps-134438

The Last Steps to the Gen(Part II)-Crown-Pin gasket-Gears-Wheels&Engravings
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pcteam-last-steps-134437
PAM Luminor 44mm CASE-SETS - Noob vs. KW vs. H maker - ALE-Klockis Review
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pcteam-pam-luminor-150417?t=150417

But I think that many of them will take many time to be include in reps

"Slim" crown, better beveled in crystal and CG lever pin gasket are already included in New PAM replicas, most likely new batches of PAM 111 V3 come with this last modifications (Noob PAM 390 comes with them)

Maybe Incablock mod could be introduced (like some time ago) as an option.
We will have to wait more time to get modifications as case-set, wheels, gear train, Swan Neck etc...

ALE

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
I have the 111v3 and I Sent it to Vac. He did the movement mod, polished wheels and canon pin. Love it. He also serviced it and regulated it.

Dpap

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
20/6/13
The strap looks great...what is it??

I have the 111v3 and I Sent it to Vac. He did the movement mod, polished wheels and canon pin. Love it. He also serviced it and regulated it.