• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Comex beater QC

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
Hey! :)

I will get my new Comex beater this week.
Her are some QC's:

bypejase.jpg

hy7amahy.jpg

eny6y8yj.jpg

yqajyvem.jpg

urejezur.jpg

What do you think?
I will age it and give it a nice f***ed up look - my idea is to have it look alike this gen:

me4yhy9e.jpg

That's the way a Comex looks best for me - looking forward to hear your opinions!

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Look Good............. ;)

Junio M.

PS : Maybe , with some mods will be better............ :D

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
I would love to work on that comex....how about white puffy lume and then smoke the dial ala Daz style? Also in order to match your gen pic I would not bleach that bezel insert...instead i would remove the shine....using high grit sand paper 3200 up to 6000.....and crown guards needs a shave but I'm guessing you have a plan already.

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
I would love to work on that comex....how about white puffy lume and then smoke the dial ala Daz style? Also in order to match your gen pic I would not bleach that bezel insert...instead i would remove the shine....using high grit sand paper 3200 up to 6000.....and crown guards needs a shave but I'm guessing you have a plan already.

Where may i find this Daz smoke mod? I like the "baked" look on the gen.

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
In reference to Daz I don't know exactly how he does it, his smoked dials on his 6200, 1680 and comex builds inspired me to make a pass at the mod...I use make up concealer applied lightly over the dial, then I coat with matte watered down varnish , after drying I then smoke the dial with cigar smoke... The result is a textured creamy matte finish

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
Did someone mention me? :D I would love to work on this one too ;)

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
In reference to Daz I don't know exactly how he does it, his smoked dials on his 6200, 1680 and comex builds inspired me to make a pass at the mod...I use make up concealer applied lightly over the dial, then I coat with matte watered down varnish , after drying I then smoke the dial with cigar smoke... The result is a textured creamy matte finish

You mod watches with concealer? :) Please show me a picture of this very interesting method. Sounds cool!

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
Hard to decribe but essentially a naked flame and LOTS of practice...

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Sure! I will post pics of a 1680 no minnute track dial I'm working on... The last one I smoked was my 6538 which I sold... Ck my sale threads

hautehorloge

INMATE
12/7/13
THAT looks amazing!

mazu7a9u.jpg

You just did that with concealer, enamel and smoke? Unbelievable! I will try that out.

I will need a more brownish one, not a highlight one, right? How do you apply the stuff onto the dial and the hands? Does normal cigarette smoke work as well?

mikeshark007

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Daz is a master... Have you seen his work??? A little note on the 6538, before i applied my concealer/ smoke technique... I added brown water color to the dial, following the Bonesey vintage principles. Another note: if u look at the hands on my 6538 they have a weathered rusty look... This is achieved by applying varnish to the hands and then holding the flame of the cigar very very close thus cause the varnish to bake. And yes I think a cigarette would work.