• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do I open this Portofino 5251 Rep??

ssclassa80

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/13
I know this isn't the best rep in the world but I could use some insight on how to get the movement/dial out. The dial is slightly off center and I'd like to fix it.
I removed the back display cover and there is no movement ring or mounting tabs. It looks like I might be able to get in from the front but carefully used a sticky ball and it didn't budge. I'm hoping the pics below might help. Thanks in advance for any advice.

VxzUqBP.jpg

pbqvPv2.jpg

bBy5fPN.jpg

E36SZYE.jpg

oM2R2rl.jpg

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I'm pretty sure you need to carefully put a knife under the bezel and remove it from the case. The crystal will follow as it's pressed in the bezel. Then you should be able to lift the dial movement up from the front.

tonywatches

19/8/12
EU
(In case you dont know how to remove crown-stem)
i think you should remove the stem-crown to get the movement - dial out first.

there are many threads regarding the 6497 mechanism if you want to make it right.

in general:
On the first movement picture you can see the closest screw to the crown. make with a screwdriver 1,5 turns left, and pull the crown-stem carefully out. If its not going out yet, try a little more than 1,5 turns on the left.
Not too much thought you gonna block stem release (keyless)

ssclassa80

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/13
Sorry crown removal is complete. There are no tabs inside and the movement is rock solid in the case. No movement holder or anything inside.

Any clues?

ssclassa80

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/13
I tried lift the bezel with a micro flat head and was not sucessful. I have one of those back case tools but it seems to thick at the tip not to do major damage to the watch.

It must come out of the front but how do I lift the bezel safely?