• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 292 question

JoehwrfcJ

20/8/12
I'm interested in a noob 292, but I'm wondering about the reliability of the ceramic and wether or not the crown will hold up to the constant screwing and unscrewing of daily winding and wear? Anyone have personal experience with this watch?

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
On my first one, the threads of the tube broke off into the crown. I was able to use friction to keep it together for a few weeks, but ultimately ended up sending it back to Angus at Puretime who was great and had a replacement unit back to me within a month. The new one is perfect and has had no issues.

On the finish -- it is pretty tough. However, it is still an applied coating, much like a DLC or PVD. So it will scuff or chip if it comes in contact with metal, stone, or something else hard. I have a small scuff on the bezel from being drunk and an idiot, but other than that, its pretty good. BTW, I have the Noob version, not the H-maker.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The ceramic of the last versions form h maker and mainly Noob is almost perfect
Concerning Crown I assume you are talking about the Noob ceramic crown cover which could get unstuck from the stem and support.
Well, this crown ceramic cover can get unstuck, but nothing you cannot fix with a bit of Loctite Superglue. No worries about

It is not a replica easy to choose with the different versions. In order to choose the correct version you need read the PAM guide:
"Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365?t=107365

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Noob all the way. Not a fan of anything h fact

Not necessary to be dogmatic !

"For this replica I prefer Noob version, as usually" had been enough IMHO

ALE

straycat

Renowned Member
27/11/12
I own a Noob 292j and its been great so far with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I love mine.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I've had a 292M for a while now and it is great, probably the most 'perfect' rep I've ever bought, I don't think there is one thing on it I've ever noticed that doesn't look quite right.

I think the crown is different on this version to the latest, however, the tube is tough and shows no signs of wear from winding.

The case is unmarked, the solid ceramic is very tough and durable.

I've actually got the watch on and just noticed a tiny scratch in the PVD on the edge of the caseback, probably where a spanner slipped when it was being tightened in the factory... You really have to look for it though, it is literally the first time I've noticed it.

If you do buy one, make sure you Loctite the strap wire screws in when you've fitted your strap of choice, I lost one when I first got mine but easily got replacements from Panatime.

Enjoy,

Alex