• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

White Dialed Portuguese accurate?

Darthmemnoch

Renowned Member
10/9/07
I was looking to buy a white dialed portuguese from one of our trusted dealers. On the IWC website, the genuine white dialed version is referred to as having a "silver plated dial". Can any of our expert forum members please advise if the white dialed version is accurate to the genuine?

texski

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/4/11
IWC does a great job manipulating the light with their dials. This is one of those examples. At one angle the IWC dial looks silver-ish, and at another angle it looks white/champagne. China has not been able to recreate this.

I have posted some pictures, not sure where. If there is a thread that ask something about 'choosing between a white or champagne dial', it should be in there. Check back, I may edit this and add pictures.

This is should not keep this watch from being built. If it is still available, I should have this dial available to me. Just need the time.

Take care,
Mike

Darthmemnoch

Renowned Member
10/9/07
Okay, so in other words, you are saying that the dial is not accurate but that you have a dial, presumably a genuine dial and that you will be building a watch? Hmmmn

texski

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/4/11
Darth,
My 'wanter' is in overdrive and I have too much on my plate. The Porto black is ready to ship to me. The White would have to be ordered. If you have seen the 371702 Spitfire, it is has some of the same qualities as it uses cuts in the metal to redirect the light. The 371482 has a starburst pattern, where rays originate from the center of the dial. This white Porto has some of these same features. If you want this dial, let me know.

Mike