• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wish i would have known about these forums sooner

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
I bought my first replica before I found these forums. I bought a bvlgari diagono calibro 303 from swiss-experts.net that I THOUGHT was good quality. Well upon looking at some trusted dealers, I discovered that not only did I over pay, but the quality is worse than the cheaper ones here!

I'm glad I found you when I did. Atleast I won't make the same mistake in the future.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
There are many who have come before you with a similar story, welcome to the forum :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's an unfortunate lesson, how much did you get stung for?

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Gosh, they are expensive. Sub is $500+. Look at it this way, now you can buy lots from the trusted dealers here to average out your loss on the one you just bought.

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
It's an unfortunate lesson, how much did you get stung for?

Right around $400. The reason I used them was because like an idiot, I trusted a "review" site, and they were number 2 or 3 on the top 10.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I did the same for my first online rep, but mine only cost me $70, and was ok really (sold it to a work colleague :lol: ) .

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
I had an order lined up for a few Rolex Pro Hunters to the tune of 1400 bucks and then I found this site...saved me a bundle

Wuggy

7/5/11
California
I was looking into reps a couple of years ago and saw the sites comparing "Asian reps" to "Swiss reps" and "AAAA++++" stuff. Never bought one, glad I didn't.

I got back into replicas about a week ago because I found an old "Aqualite" watch and was looking for a Nato strap to put on it to spruce it up. Saw a bunch of nato straps on rolexes, that led me to rep rollies, and that led me here. I can go back into my browsing history and see the train of thought that led me to this LOL

FatMatt

30/6/10
Same story here. I bought a 36mm Day-Date from e-replica net for about 150 bucks shipped. Luckily it turned out to be a really decent watch, I just way overpaid for it. Then I found the rep forums and have been buying 'safe' ever since.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
I bought a watch from that site as well, but I bought an economy one. It was pretty good quality, but a bit overpriced.

D

d4m.test

You paid your dues, like a lot of us had done. You're safe now (as D4M once told me). Enjoy the great people and items here!!

dave ;)

TheFrug

9/2/09
Haha finding this site did the opposite for me. I just wanted a decent cheap rep for about 50 bucks. A canal st jobbie would have been fine and I'd have known no better. Instead I found this place and started out with 3 21j reps and 2 quartz's costing around $500 in total, all pretty good watches. Then it was on to an ultimate SA and box set at about $400. Then even a a7750 wasn't good enough anymore so the next step was a franken SA with gen dial, gen movement, relumed hands and gen box costing about $1000 bucks. Now I'm trying to get a gen strap, have already bought a new Swiss eta for my first SA, gen dial and bezel will be next. Then of course I felt obligated to become a VIP for all the help this forum has given me.

Haha ignorance may not have been bliss, but it was cheap :D