• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610 LV - The Hulk

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
unless he sends you a very close up pic of the movement, it would be rather hard to tell by the video alone.

the serial # on the rehaut is M832118, does anybody know which factory this # corresponds too. I was told Mary sells the black versions with the same serial #.

pallan

11/1/11
notice the price in the email he sent you...$320..

and this is the email he sent bonsey...

hi Richard
Thanks for your enquiry.
yes this is ceramic sandwich bezel. i only sell this watch in swiss ETA movement and price is USD340 + shipping.
i accept paypal for payment.
attached please see the picture for the watch in the video for your reference and this is the link to my video for the green sub:
http://www.youtube.com/watchcollecte.../0/_aTQc50bw9M
regards
Jimmy

...........$340....:thinking:

ouch.. if his price is rising at that rate ($20/day lol).. it's slipping further out of my budget by the moment

the bezel seems to be a similar colour to the dial, while the gen bezel to me looked a little more matte and aqua colour looking... but maybe it's just the way the light reflects.

anyway, can't wait til our dealers get this one.. hopefully with a clone movement as well. Has anyone messaged them? I could send out a couple emails if no one has done it yet.

D

d4m.test

Excellent Tutorial

Well done, Bonsey! I learned a lot (as I usually do at the feet of these masters). This is a keeper.

dave

:thumbsup:

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
the bezel seems to be a similar colour to the dial, while the gen bezel to me looked a little more matte and aqua colour looking... but maybe it's just the way the light reflects.

The bezel on the gen is a very shiny and solid emerald green. This rep looks like it has metallic compounds (similar to dial as you said) in order to achieve the same colour. Some of the TD offerings have ceramic bezel with a solid green colour but the hue of the green is totally off. This, so far, is the most accurate ceramic bezel. The metallic sheen/glitter on the bezel could be overlooked for several reasons. Firstly the rest of the watch is pretty damn good, dial, SEL fit, rehaut engraving, markers, date alignment all seem very well done. I could easily overlook the shimmer on the bezel for this rep.

My watch for April's paycheck is already spoken for, but June's paycheck is going on this watch from either one of our TD's if they can get it, or the eBay seller if they cant.

Well done, Bonsey! I learned a lot (as I usually do at the feet of these masters). This is a keeper.

dave

:thumbsup:

As much as I appreciate the compliment I would hardly call myself a master! Only been collecting and reading and learning since January :p

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
that is a dead sexy watch in that video but the "ceramic" bezel looks extremely metallic and the rehaut is totally wokky. i haven't actually seen a gen but i have the Watch Time mag issued from last summer where the lv is huge on the cover and even though the green color looks good on the bezel on this watch i'm pretty sure the gen has the same ceramic quality about the bezel as the regular black sub, and "metallic" is not a word that comes to mind when describing it......but damn that is one dead sexy watch in that video. ;-)

chrvolt

22/4/10
Greece
Maybe HULK isn't the proper nickname :thinking:

Think about it.

It's more like cryptonite, our Achilles' heel.

Whatever it takes to sparkle under our own sun.

Bonesey is right.

You can't hide in the crowd anymore.

john442

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/4/10
The Cold Canadian North
O*HIT!

Is this the famed 'e-bay' seller??

Looking at the bezel in the first 30 seconds of shot is interesting. I would agree that it is possibly not a ceramic bezel but there are a few points to note.

* The bezel numbering looks sharp, recessed and very similar to my other C subs
* The reflections on the bezel as he turns it arn't as sharp as the C subs and seems to diffuse the light
* The bezel colour is very nice
* Correct brushed mid-link bracelet
* Correct smaller hour hand / larger minute hand combo
* Correct 'Swiss Made'

Unfortunately as I'm on a work PC I can't do any screen grabs of the HD video so unless someone else does it before I do, I will do it as soon as I can and add it to the original post.

In the mean time I'm going to email him and ask some questions.

Why do you guys call him the "E-bay seller"???
does he also sell stuff on the bay? if so , whats his ebay name?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Why do you guys call him the "E-bay seller"???
does he also sell stuff on the bay? if so , whats his ebay name?

No it was just me being retarded in my excitement at seeing a decent rep of the LV Ceramic. It's the Youtube seller not the eBay seller :p

Only a month and a half before I can buy :D

:facepalm:

acg2010

Known Member
23/11/10
bezel color is way off, looks like a ceramic version of the original LV, it should range from a light green to a forest/hunter green depending on the light. dial is the best of the ones i've seen on his, but the youtube guys' 116610LV really isn't all that great, at least not without a new bezel insert.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's the closest to colour ceramic bezel out there at the moment. Yes it's a metallic sheen rather than a solid colour as per gen but everything else is pretty damn good. It's the best one out there that i've seen at the moment. None of the others come close to getting all the details right and the youtube seller's version is right on pretty much everything else.

If you find out where to get a better version, or a bezel insert replacement please let us know.

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
He is on the forum (the youtube seller), in case it has not been mentioned.

watchcollecterhk

You can PM him.

polaris

27/11/08
That youtube rep looks great!!!!
It had me salivating with sunburst dial and shiny green bezel.
But's still using the GMTIIc supercase, right? Slender lug shape and narrower ends.

I want one, but I'll wait for a reader review :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yeah, a lot of these reps seem to be based on that case. Probably one of the few cases they might have taken a gen and gotten measurements from. It's only really going to be noticable to a total WIS though :)

There will be a reader review in a month or two once I get mine. Unless something better comes along before then.

wellers73

Horology Curious
27/2/11
Yeah, a lot of these reps seem to be based on that case. Probably one of the few cases they might have taken a gen and gotten measurements from. It's only really going to be noticable to a total WIS though :)

There will be a reader review in a month or two once I get mine. Unless something better comes along before then.

It's funny to me that after 6 pages, the incorrect case shape finally gets mentioned. For some reason, the case shape seems to bother me way more than anything else. To me, it's the biggest "tell" of the Ceramic Sub reps. The shape of the gen is so much more "boxy" and square, which to my eyes is one of the most distinguishing characteristics of the Ceramic Sub. My eyes immediately focus on the case shape, and the narrow lugs of the reps stand out to me. Maybe I'm more sensitive to that feature than most other rep guys, but I'm hoping to see a new version at some point with the correct case shape.

BTW, great thread, Bonesey - thanks for all of the great info!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It wasn't one of the things that I picked up on immediately simply because I havn't reached the level of analysis to determine small things like minor case issues. From my point of view it's something that doesn't bother me hugely and from the wrist no-one is ever going to notice. For that reason, and the fact that I don't see it changing anytime soon I didn't go into it.

Of course the grail of a 1:1 rep is always just tantalisingly out of reach.

john442

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/4/10
The Cold Canadian North
anybody have an example of the case differences?? I am not quite up to speed on the new vs. old case thing.
I thought this was the newest case with the thicker crown guards.
Help a brother out.

polaris

27/11/08
Differences in the shape of the crown guard, lug sides and lug ends [Sub has thicker caseback too].
TBH no one would notice it on the wrist.
sscatalog2a1.jpg
sub21y.jpg

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
This thread is now Award Winning! Congrats, Bones.