• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs seizure

kaliban

Known Member
13/6/10
Firn seriously, just learn your lesson, pay the small fine and move on with your life. Stop digging deeper its not the way out of the hole!

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Well at least I could avoid the 70 Euro,convertion to $100.

OK, let's review: Your problem is not with the dealer. It is with Rolex. Do you expect that the dealer will call Switzerland and make this problem go away?

That would be biting the hand that feeds you.

Walk away, bud.

studio1one

28/10/10
Was thinking the same thing myself, I struggle to believe anyone is genuinely that dumb. He must be on a wind up.

firnatine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/09
Dear Colleague,

I make reference to your correspondence dated 28th February 2011 with respect to the above cited case.

Kindly note that even though your client is a client of Messrs Lowell, Mr Lowell himself confirmed the watch to be counterfeit and the contact details of your client were on the package containing the said watch.

Nevertheless, in view of the fact that your client agrees to the destruction of this watch, I am prepared to waive our fees on the basis that this is a first infringement and that we are only dealing with 1 watch.

Hence, I would appreciate it if you could ask your client to sign 2 original copies of the attached agreement which is needed by Malta Customs to proceed with the said destruction.

Kindly forward these agreements to my office by not later than next Thursday 3rd March 2011.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Sarah Galea B.A. LL.D.

IURIS MALTA
36, Archbishop Street, Valletta VLT 1447, MALTA www.iurismalta.com
T: 00 356 21 224327, 00 356 21 226331 F: 00 356 21 247170 [email protected]

P "Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail"

This email is a property of IURIS Malta and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly prohibited.

Sent: It-Tlieta, 1 ta' Marzu 2011 00:12
To: Dr. Sarah Galea
Subject: Detention of one Rolex watch from a E.Lowell Co.Ltd client by Malta Customs

http://www.elcol.com/

Dear Madame,

Kindly note that my lawyer will notify you shortly,also to add that after a meeting at E. Lowell Co.Ltd Rolex local authorized dealer I was instructed to inform you that I am a regular client .

Regards
Charles Cassar
Agerem Charles Cassar Feb11.doc
32K View Download
Reply to all
Forward

New window
Print all

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
It's staurdayknight all over again :lol1: Getting a lawyer about a rep? You're either joking or a moron. Move this to the bin, mods, PLEASE! There's so much inappropriate stuff I'd like to say!

You think buying a couple gens makes buying reps legal somehow?

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
So they have agreed to waive the fees... just sign the paper work, destroy the watch, and move on...

firnatine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/8/09
Yes , affirmative. If some of you guys are doubting my script I can forward the email....

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
Hold on this ha just gone from crazy to delusional to insane.
This guy is putting his own name and address in a forum for replica watches.
Then posting names of people prosecuting him
Admitting he dealt in counterfeits and then trying to come across as he has done something amazing for our community !
He's basically bringing customs, AD's and local authorities to where we enjoy meet to enjoy an comment on our passion.
This thread/post can be linked to by google and almost anyone can find it now especially since there's been so many posts.
This thread needs to be deleted and removed for the safety of this site, it's members and our hobby.
I really go as far as to say this members future posts an threads need to be vetted or content.
He has virtually ignored everyones advice and bought a shit storm to his door and now ours

HardTalk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/11
Should have NEVER gone down there. Never.

"Package?! What Package?!"

tah

7/2/11
I think you should fly to Switzerland and storm into the Rolex shareholder's meeting and demand a brand new watch from Rolex. Ask them "What's up with this counterfeit and copyright infringement bullshit?".

Makes about as much sense as everything you've done so far......

Glimmer

15/5/10
Oh my lord. Can't beleive I did not see this post until now. Truly epic read, glad it kinda worked out in the end but I really don't think this is a path to go down twice. The OP got what I like to call "'effing lucky" and for once, headbutting against a brick wall acctually managed to crack it. I really hope someone can make this a sticky for future reference, perhaps in the loony bin. Oh, and please keep it updated if anything else happens, like say, if you decide to sue rolex for your time spent dealing with this matter.

titan

23/6/09
question about customs... any trouble shipping out of Spain to the US?

Autobahn

21/10/10
Wow! over 4500 people have seen this thread to witness the collosal stupidity of a guy who is either that stupid, or is possessed with an uncontollable urge to be punished. Wow.

bateman

14/8/10
I think you should fly to Switzerland and storm into the Rolex shareholder's meeting and demand a brand new watch from Rolex. Ask them "What's up with this counterfeit and copyright infringement bullshit?".

Makes about as much sense as everything you've done so far......

oh my god, this made me lol.

villemus

22/2/11
i thought with a lawyer involved, he might be able to get away without getting the watch destroyed. :)