• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Favorite Daily/Knock Around watch

AXROCK

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/23
Green Bay, WI
What's everyone's favorite daily wearer, the watch you're not afraid to wear when it might get bumped, banged, dinged, or scratched?

Something that's:
-Not terribly expensive (say < $500)
-Comfortable
-Reliable
-Durable
-Easy to service
-Passes the eyeball test (no glaring flaws).

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
This one for me has stood up to regular wear. No date, Quick time adjustment, a quick shake whack it on the wrist and go go go go. The bracelet and case have proven to be quite resilient to scuffs and the saphire has no signs of wear at all.

GMF OP41 with A2824.

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
This tatty old thing…

93166839e43cafad9f33ecd341e76bac.dng

6f505a8a6d382bf855b4bcb7021c4440.dng

It doesn’t quite squeeze into the “say <$500” category tho.

Reactions: d4v3 and SwePe

SwePe

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/9/22
EU
For now def this big boy,

ZZF Hulk, works with almost everything

Reactions: p0pperini

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
for me, it's my 116400 millgaus from JF. i bought this watch here in the m2m forum and wear it to all sorts of occasions (ok mostly).

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
I think the Tudor Pelagos would be my choice or a Seamaster/speedy crpo omf

But in the gen world can be found in the gray market for super prices ( I recently saw un belgium a preowned Pelagos with box and papers for 1250€ already reserved)

Reactions: rosnik

vonessen

Known Member
Certified
14/2/23
Europe
My favourite daily beater is the No Time to Die Seamaster! It feels good on the wrist and looks good too!

andre1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/23
Canada
I'm a el cheapo watch afficionado. My daily beater is a seiko 62mas replica. Still awaiting delivery on a somewhat correct dial, so for now the dial does not even say seiko on it. Currently working on a rolex 5513 build. I like nice vintage bubble plexi domes. It's my first watch build.

Wishbone007

Horology Curious
5/5/16
My everyday wear no laughing keeps good time +/- 6 seconds a day I have a fair collection but this is one I don't mind knocking around

afdaddy

Renowned Member
13/12/13
Sorry, don't have pics, but back in the day I bought a slew of cartel retro no-date Rolex reps, so the 6538, COMEX SeaDweller, etc, then pulled off the dials and baked them in the over for a few hours to age them. I put them back together and dressed them with distressed leather or NATO straps, and now I've got a stable of vintage looking Rolex reps that I cycle through. I love that they don't have dates, because I can just grab one, quick wind, set the time and I'm off. And any ding, dent or wear is just more patina for the look.

Reactions: AXROCK

1016_idiot_savant

Supporter
Certified
3/2/23
Denmark
Sorry, don't have pics, but back in the day I bought a slew of cartel retro no-date Rolex reps, so the 6538, COMEX SeaDweller, etc, then pulled off the dials and baked them in the over for a few hours to age them. I put them back together and dressed them with distressed leather or NATO straps, and now I've got a stable of vintage looking Rolex reps that I cycle through. I love that they don't have dates, because I can just grab one, quick wind, set the time and I'm off. And any ding, dent or wear is just more patina for the look.
Exactly this…. building up the daily-beater patina here by wearing this… as a daily beater!