• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

Colemd

Horology Curious
17/3/23
On this model, the watch should already have quick release on the straps and buckle both. If you are looking for quick release straps, I have the gen for this model, brand new, which I will putting up for sale soon. The colors on the gen and rep straps are rather different from what I see.
Take a look below on the color of the gen straps. But the rep is still a vibrant looking watch, which you should enjoy for the fun of it.

On bezel and case edge sharpness, you need to understand that on the modern APs, they can be rather sharp too. There is a very fine line between the edge line being crisp AF and a little too sharp and I think that the gen and rep makers both do well in this aspect, don't worry too much about it.
@legend god bless what a beautiful watch you have and I agree with you the gen I would call baby blue vs the rep in my qc which I would refer to more as an electric blue hopefully it will be a little lighter in person as I’m a baby blue color fan in general. Yes I was referring to the new quick release straps and buckle which require no tools do you know of any brands who sell them aftermarket or can you only get them through AP. How does the black and gold dial RSF model look dial wise compared to gen 26405CE.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@legend god bless what a beautiful watch you have and I agree with you the gen I would call baby blue vs the rep in my qc which I would refer to more as an electric blue hopefully it will be a little lighter in person as I’m a baby blue color fan in general. Yes I was referring to the new quick release straps and buckle which require no tools do you know of any brands who sell them aftermarket or can you only get them through AP. How does the black and gold dial RSF model look dial wise compared to gen 26405CE.
I do own the gen 26405CE and would say that the rep is very close visually on the wrist. Wear it with pride sir.

As for the blue straps I think only gen has it for now. I’ve changed to a shorter length for myself so I’m willing to sell mine cheaper to you if you need it. You can think about it and make me an offer if you want. We can go through the proper channel of creating a reserved sale for you if you like, no issues. The gen blue quick change straps go for usd650 brand new at Audemars Piguet boutiques and you can only buy them if you show that you own the gen watch (or any gen model which the straps can fit on)

Colemd

Horology Curious
17/3/23
@legend thank you so much I figured they have had more time to rep the 26405CE. Thank you for the really nice offer I agree I think gen is only selling the new straps from all the searching I did the original straps yours came with do you happen to know the sizes of wrists they will fit. Would be nice to find the aftermarket ones even for gen to not have to go to a AD just to change size or color I might have to take you up on your offer once I receive my rep thank you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can someone PLEASE show me a BLACK CERAMIC from Hont (if you've got one?)

I know. I'm really open to just about anything, but: 26320OR, 15400(Frosted), or 26320ST (black) would be my picks.

Your question did not make much sense. If you are looking for something from Hont, then the best guy to ask for pics would be Hont.
If you are asking for something "black ceramic", Hont is not a maker but a dealer like Jtime, Intime etc.. they all offer the same products.
So what exactly are you looking for pics of? Black ceramic models from any dealer or a specific watch from Hont?

Reactions: g00n

Sycc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/3/23
USA
Your question did not make much sense. If you are looking for something from Hont, then the best guy to ask for pics would be Hont.
If you are asking for something "black ceramic", Hont is not a maker but a dealer like Jtime, Intime etc.. they all offer the same products.
So what exactly are you looking for pics of? Black ceramic models from any dealer or a specific watch from Hont?
Sorryyyyyyyyy! I was wondering if anyone in here (specifically) had ordered a ref #26320ST in black ceramic from his site.
Or, a Frosted 15400. I wanted to see some pictures, that's all. Am looking to make my 1st rep purchase & would like to see/have real feedback about [their] purchase from him.

I'm new here, and am still reading. If there would be a better person/place to go to, I'm all "ears". Sorry for the stupid ass vague 1st comment. I do apologize. Not here to throw the thread off topic; made a post in his sub-forum, but after days I haven't gotten any replies. Figured someone here would most certainly respond/point me on the right path.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Sorryyyyyyyyy! I was wondering if anyone in here (specifically) had ordered a ref #26320ST in black ceramic from his site.
For this reference # I couldn’t find anything in black ceramic on his site, I know about the black ceramic perpetual calendar model ( shown in post #2,200 ) if that’s what you mean?

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
I'm new here, and am still reading. If there would be a better person/place to go to, I'm all "ears". Sorry for the stupid ass vague 1st comment. I do apologize. Not here to throw the thread off topic; made a post in his sub-forum, but after days I haven't gotten any replies. Figured someone here would most certainly respond/point me on the right path.
snoop dogg all gravy baby GIF by Empire FOX

Sycc

Banned
22/3/23
USA
For this reference # I couldn’t find anything in black ceramic on his site, I know about the black ceramic perpetual calendar model ( shown in post #2,200 ) if that’s what you mean?
This is the one I was talking about
I don't care what they say about ya, you're alright by me. Haha! Thanks for understanding brother :) Just really getting into AP's - am a Gen Rolex owner, for now. Just couldn't imagine spending what they're asking for a real AP.

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
I was wondering for a second why i disappeared on the other thread🤪
Marty Success GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Question moved to appropriate thread🙏
The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
I didnt. I had a full ceramic APSF v2 Perpetual.
I did have a gen RO chrono in steel with silver dial, but thats ages ago.
I think it is the Perpetual calendar @Sycc is inquiring about:)

Sycc

Banned
22/3/23
USA

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
One question for which I did not find any answer whatsoever so far in the forum.

Has anyone ever modded the JF bracelet on a AP ROO ? I find the edges very sharp for one. Has that ever been done ?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sorry, am still a stupid noob. I just got into watches! :S
This is the one I was talking about/looking at buying. I love this watch. I just want to know if the color is going to be true to a gen one, and pix if you've got any. I can send you a PM if you'd like.

Again, sorry :S I'm still learning. I don't mean to be a bother/noob!
If you're referring to the dial I think you'll be okay, black is or white is pretty much hard to mess up. I'm not sure of the rest of the watch.