• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
WatchGecko is a good place to find some really nice and modestly priced micro's...

Screenshot-2022-12-19-at-10-49-20.png

Screenshot-2022-12-19-at-10-49-55.png

Screenshot-2022-12-19-at-10-51-25.png

Screenshot-2022-12-19-at-10-54-09.png

J Belfort

Horology Curious
9/3/21
Munich/Germany
Hi guys. I have another question. What do you think about this brands:
- Behrens
- Christopher Ward
- Beaubleu
- Furlan marri

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi guys. I have another question. What do you think about this brands:
- Behrens
- Christopher Ward
- Beaubleu
- Furlan marri
Since you ask for an opinion...
- Behrens and Beaubleu too fancy; I favor simplicity and legibility in a watch, would take me ages to understand what time it is.
- Christopher Ward: don't like the logo and hated the models where it was set asymmetrically. Don't mind the Sealander but the seconds hand counterweight bothers me
- Furlan marri : unoriginal, too much copied from classic patek. Seem well done though.
In all cases wouldn't put my money on those watches
My personal opinion. Luckily there's tons of others for all tastes.

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK
AGGreed
On the watch itself, not my cup of tea. Too much writing on that dial and I can't stand the date @4. Nor do I like how they managed the hands. The impression is they wanted too much and the design resulted in poor balance. My 2 cents.
agreed. I don't mind a date complication at 4 but for this particular watch I'd prefer minimal text on dial and no date. Then it would be a winner.

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Just discovered, anyone knows jack Mason? A true gmt for under a grand...

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I started to make a long list of microbrands with offers under 1 grand about 2 years ago, but then discovered high-end reps... And all my cash went there instead. 😵🫣

Just kidding. 😂 The microbrand world is something great to explore. Really amazing, but at the same time affordable stuff out there! I think a solid watch collection should consist of a few, very select expensive gens in the 1 to 10k range, here and there a nice vintage piece, many many reps and a couple of interesting and unusual microbrand watches to fill in gaps you couldn't yet cover. This way you can pretty much own a gigantic range of different styles and designs without going completely bankrupt. 😎😆

Reactions: Shibbyuk and MattSP

MattSP

Known Member
8/1/22
UK
Does anyone have any constructive thoughts on Enoksen watches?
I have one of their divers. It is solidly built & a great spec for price. I like it as a tool watch but it can feel a little too generic for me at times.
I really like this company & it's values but it's not quite floating my boat.

Www.Enoksenwatches.com

Reactions: eBoy

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Does anyone have any constructive thoughts on Enoksen watches?
I have one of their divers. It is solidly built & a great spec for price. I like it as a tool watch but it can feel a little too generic for me at times.
I really like this company & it's values but it's not quite floating my boat.

Www.Enoksenwatches.com
Had a brief look at their site... Solid Swiss movements, configurable, assembled in Belfast. Not bad. I think the main incentives for buying watches from this brand would rather be many other things than their generic designs.

And that isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it's probably very hard to annoy anyone in the watch community with those those very unspectacular and basic designs. I for one would much rather get a watch from them than a flamboyant Invicta monstrosity for the same kinda money. 😂

Reactions: MattSP

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
very unspectacular and basic designs. I for one would much rather get a watch from them than a flamboyant Invicta monstrosity for the same kinda money. 😂
I'd add "unoriginal" to your list. They are cheap, I'll give you that.
With you re Invicta...

• Haha
Reactions: MattSP and eBoy

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
That's what keeps me off Unimatic, I really like the design, but case diameter, thickness, shape and lug to lug are too much for my wrist, too.