• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panda Daytona 116500 GEN VS Clean V2 - Short Comparison

Sbybbuser

I'm Pretty Popular
20/7/12
Gen shows 12:30; Rep shows 3:40 at all pictures.

I have to say the dial and bezel color quite similar. The only thing I notice right away is that the bezel font is slightly thicker/bolder on the rep one.

The gen is at bottom, rep on top in this picture.
The shape of the case is different between rep and gen.
The rep lug's end/slope is too steep; giving it a more rounded finish to the lug.
I added a line in the picture to show what I am trying to say with my limited vocabulary:

The rest of the watch is quite similar. The steel color is similar. Clasp also looks similar.
The printing inside the clasp is slightly different, the rep being a bit bolder and the laser engraving is more coarse.

Overall, worn on wrist, it will be very hard for someone to differentiate the two. I would say without a comparison side by side, it will be very hard to distinguish which one is which. A very good rep indeed.

Necromere

Horology Curious
23/11/22
Thanks! Finally you shown how far the cases are

No matter clean or btf
Even side by side it'll be almost impossible to tell with the naked eye unless you're specifically looking for that. The drawn lines are off on both of his example photos, it's closer than that.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Necromere

Horology Curious
23/11/22
Thanks for this comparison. I think the rep is good enough to enjoy it for what it’s
I'd agree, especially with watches of this caliber where the Gen watch is currently selling for about 40x the price of the Replica that gets you 90-95% of the way there, even with the movement.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Thanks for this comparison, we appreciate this!
from eyes to arm distance, this is 1:1 for sure! definitly NWBIG

couple points why i decided to cop the rep above the genuine:
- the risk of getting robbed over a watch
- the cost of insurance
- the cost of the grey market price, and the risk of losing money when decide to sell.
- the cost of removing scratches of a genuine bracelet/case
- the cost of the movement service at Rolex
- spend the money in a more reliable investment, (i decided to pay off the mortgage).

Might buy the genuine if:
- you have a brain which only accept genuine.

Reactions: AG91

Replife

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
15/8/22
ColoRADo
How is the clean crystal in your opinion? That seems to be one of the biggest complaints.