• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Agreed, doubt he will come back anytime soon with an answer anyway. I guess this will be a 2023 buy

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Lol ordered mine end of July, still nowhere to be seen, the new movement Is harder to find than covid patient n•1

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Anyway does anyone who got this in their hands tried to mod the link jewel in white and put the movement in a zf case, or maybe even did an AR coating on the crystal, waiting for mine and till I have it in hands I really don’t know what mods should be done on it..

Reactions: Bombardier

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Anyone who can put a bbr movement into a ZF case please? And mod the movement maybe a bit?

asuwere

2/6/19
Today they posted another video on WeChat (I still don't know how to upload them sorry) I think it looks very similar or the same as the one @MasterWatch posted but with different light.

zlq1BK.jpg
Damn BBR, way to go! Instead of AR coating the sapphire they're frosting in now. Thanks for rolling back progress on the carbon too. 🤣

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Asked about this to my td as I’m have an order placed for a white bbr but if this comes available could switch to this before, not a huge fan of the carbon atm though

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Shuttering is more of a gravitational issue I think, it doesn’t shutter on certain angles where the second hand moves against gravity, second hand hangs in place or something I don’t know

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
It's the friction spring, Caliber Corner does a writeup here: https://calibercorner.com/stuttering-seconds-hand-explained/

Given that the BBR movement is a Miyota 8215 torn up with different bridges, it almost certainly uses the indirect drive method as described. The trouble in adjusting it is in the nonstandard assembly (which may be difficult to put back together) and in the degree of adjustment. Too much and you'll lower the amplitude and power reserve, also negatively affecting timekeeping, and too little and the stuttering will just get worse. Thankfully it doesn't damage the movement but the spring will loosen over time, resulting in more dramatic stutters in between adjustments.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Maybe the best option to eliminate the second hand : P

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Reactions: soubido and dogwood

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
HOLY SHIT if you look closely the seconds hand is stuck behind the movement! Check out the lower left corner in the still images, that diagonal bar is the seconds hand!
Good spot, interesting choice to include this on the promotional pics.!!

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Posted on Trustytime:

Movement has the extra hole that the first BBR versions didn’t! Also the jewel is now white :) and it says that the sapphire crystal now has a purple AR coating similar to gen! Will the first BBR versions get these new improvements?