• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New QF 116519LN (real?) meteorite dial Daytona

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Dismissing it helps no one. The CG is shaped wrong. If you don't like this photo then google more.

Unless the local postman delivering your watch decides to put Nitric acid on the dial and refinish the subdials it's going to look the same.

Thanks Stevie Wonder

Reactions: TESLA760

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
There's nothing wrong with the crown guards. The dial on the other hand is another story.

Last edited:

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
There's nothing wrong with the crown guards. The dial on the other hand is another story.

I’ll have it in natural light and we can see next week how it looks. It’s definitely meteorite but just not sure on cut/shade until we get it in different lightings

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
When I get mine I’ll get it out in the sunlight. Have my modder going to fix alignment but I think from QC pics/lighting it looks ok compared to the gens indoors

I believe u got a nice watch there and close enough for what you paid for. Trust me no one will call you out for it as long as you have the right lifestyle and package to go with it. And have some gens as well which i am sure u do.

I ordered one and i cant wait to have it although i have some franken and gen daytonas . With some modding and gen parts added i think will be awesome.

I still dont get those who nitpick on details that obviously will not be same as gen ! If someone want to nitpick then match your wallet with your intelligence and buy a gen. Yes it is a hobby and bla bla but be reasonable guys in your expectations.

Enjoy ur watch scotty and show us some pics please when u get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I believe u got a nice watch there and close enough for what you paid for. Trust me no one will call you out for it as long as you have the right lifestyle and package to go with it. And have some gens as well which i am sure u do.

I ordered one and i cant wait to have it although i have some franken and gen daytonas . With some modding and gen parts added i think will be awesome.

I still dont get those who nitpick on details that obviously will not be same as gen ! If someone want to nitpick then match your wallet with your intelligence and buy a gen. Yes it is a hobby and bla bla but be reasonable guys in your expectations.

Enjoy ur watch scotty and show us some pics please when u get it

Likewise - I don't understand the mentality of people like Yogi etc nitpicking details that don't even exist. It's an obsession. Also the likelihood of any of us seeing a gen meteorite dial is slim. We know it plays with the light so much that's what makes it so special, therefore we can't possibly judge until we get it out of the artificial light rooms.

Reactions: TESLA760 and mmaggi

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Likewise - I don't understand the mentality of people like Yogi etc nitpicking details that don't even exist. It's an obsession. Also the likelihood of any of us seeing a gen meteorite dial is slim. We know it plays with the light so much that's what makes it so special, therefore we can't possibly judge until we get it out of the artificial light rooms.

I can say the same thing about people who stay ignorant to the flaws just to fluff their ego.
KJ saw what I noticed as well. It looks thinner with the stickers on it when usually the stickers make the CG look bigger so I'm thinking with stickers off it's going to look even thinner.

If I didn't see it, then I wouldn't mention it. The BTF Daytona CG look perfect for example. You act like because you purchased it I'm attacking you personally.

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
I can say the same thing about people who stay ignorant to the flaws just to fluff their ego.
KJ saw what I noticed as well. It looks thinner with the stickers on it when usually the stickers make the CG look bigger so I'm thinking with stickers off it's going to look even thinner.

If I didn't see it, then I wouldn't mention it. The BTF Daytona CG look perfect for example. You act like because you purchased it I'm attacking you personally.

Ya ok so crown guards not as gen even on BTF , you pay 800 dollars you want the same CGs as gen? Whats your angle here? That you spotted a difference on a rep thats why you are not buying it or wait until V10 which will also have flaws and also you are not buying it lol

Id understand if you compare rep to rep , but rep to gen no way from rolex website or display window. Gen is entirely a different ballgame

The weight , craft , look, feel, material and glow , then you can check the crown guards and the tilted dial.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Ya ok so crown guards not as gen even on BTF , you pay 800 dollars you want the same CGs as gen? Whats your angle here? That you spotted a difference on a rep thats why you are not buying it or wait until V10 which will also have flaws and also you are not buying it lol

Id understand if you compare rep to rep , but rep to gen no way from rolex website or display window. Gen is entirely a different ballgame

The weight , craft , look, feel, material and glow , then you can check the crown guards and the tilted dial.

Man you are all over the place.

Of course I expect the case to be near Gen. That's pretty damn simple/basic to expect considering the technology today. I expect the same dimensions. I don't expect the same finish as Gen. I don't expect their crystals or dials or hands to be perfect because that's an Art done perfectly by Rolex.
That's accepted by most here and why we franken our watches. At the very least we want the dimensions correct and that's simple.

I can swap a Gen crystal into the replica I can't swap a lug or CG.

And what exactly do you mean by " you can compare rep to rep"? But not rep to Gen??? What are these factory's replicating then? A VSF?

Reactions: Time_and_again

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

Glow...... Are we talking about Thor's hammer or a Rolex?

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Man you are all over the place.

Of course I expect the case to be near Gen. That's pretty damn simple/basic to expect considering the technology today. I expect the same dimensions. I don't expect the same finish as Gen. I don't expect their crystals or dials or hands to be perfect because that's an Art done perfectly by Rolex.
That's accepted by most here and why we franken our watches. At the very least we want the dimensions correct and that's simple.

I can swap a Gen crystal into the replica I can't swap a lug or CG.

And what exactly do you mean by " you can compare rep to rep"? But not rep to Gen??? What are these factory's replicating then? A VSF?

Seems you got offended buddy.

Rep to rep i.e V1 to V2 etc.. maybe they fix ur crown guard which u can swap for gen btw.

With this i rest my case . Off now

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
QC approved - dial looks aligned

zAkuSQ.jpg

zAksCS.jpg

https://a202111041317341460003592.s...1041317341460003592/I202206252208162410001512
https://a202111041317341460003592.s...1041317341460003592/I202206252208138970001849

That dial doesn’t look like real meteorite to me TBH, it will be nice to get some pics in hand. For the price tag, we all know how much a meteorite dial costs, this might be the best option for a meteorite dial watch straight from the TD, but I really am curious how it will hold up when compared to a real meteorite dial.

Reactions: Yogibear

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Beautiful watch. No doubt. However.... the dial looks nothing like a gen. Now that may not be a problem for many and that's fine. Enjoy it and wear it in good health.

iskillio

12/9/14
I'm happy with the dial print and almost everything else but wishing it had that etched luster. It's faint
41526a481c9f451ab35201432969d8b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I'm happy with the dial print and almost everything else but wishing it had that etched luster. It's faint
41526a481c9f451ab35201432969d8b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That's because it's not real meteorite. It has repeating patterns. Like what is that fish scales?