• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Got you on this hope to get funds soon to order it, I already talked with my modder to see if it fits, he needs to see the attatchement, my hope is actually to put the inside of the movement(without the tachymeter/external part) and with some modification(drilling/glueing) sticking this on to the zf one therefore no further stress is necessary, only problem could be the crown but I think the inside of the movement has the same dimensions, for the rest taking out the pink one the balance wheel and trying to drill the holes larger below the balance as it looks more open space as per gen, wish me luck :)

All the best dude???????? Please keep me in the loop I’d love to see your results????????

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I think the quality of ZF is way superior.

How can you say that? Do you have any BBR watches? I have their RD Excalibur tourbillon v3 and the build quality is amazing (except for the clasp). I have seen their Cartier Drive, and it is a beauty indistinguishable from gen. I think they have produced some of best reps around so I won’t judge or compare with ZF before seeing this 55 in the flesh. Obviously it has flaws but they will correct (some of) them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GiantSquid

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
How can you say that? Do you have any BBR watches? I have their RD Excalibur tourbillon v3 and the build quality is amazing (except for the clasp). I have seen their Cartier Drive, and it is a beauty indistinguishable from gen. I think they have produced some of best reps around so I won’t judge or compare with ZF before seeing this 55 in the flesh. Obviously it has flaws but they will correct (some of) them

At this point I think with each factory they have their strengths and weakness. With ZF so far they are known for making the best overall cases for RM. BBR I’m person could be amazing but I think most are basing it off of the photos possibly looking inferior to the ZF. You are correct though it is better to wait to have it in hand or atleast QC photos to compare it.

Reactions: TESLA760

asuwere

2/6/19

I know, right? BBR made their own skeletonized RM (partial) clone while ZF slapped a deco plate on an easily visible movement but ZF is way superior? Let's not forget how many attempts ZF has made at RM reps while BBR drops this as their first release. Oh, and look at the price too. ZF needs to wake up and maybe do a proper clone or BBR is going to eat their lunch.

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
no matter how many times ZF slap on the plate and design, they just didn't slap it with a tourbillon movement from what I see.

They can keep making and perfecting the case, plates, details and straps yet they just don't wanna change the movement of the watch or use another factory movement and mod to fit into they case and deco. In fact ZF can slap the RM market with a better skull RM using the BBR movement or a RM001, but they didn't.

while BBR did quite a numbers of diff watch and mostly all are in tourbillon and open heart movement if I'm not wrong.

Who knows under table between the factories they are some arrangements and lines that are not suppose to be cross in order for everyone to earn some money I guess.

Reactions: Mercedesslr

sscarm

Known Member
Certified
27/10/21
According to the video, the non-TD asked why there is a red jewel instead of a clear one and the BBR owner claimed that he didn't want to make the watch look too alike so the factory would be safe from raids. Perhaps that is the reason why there's a red jewel, or perhaps they are going to siphon our money by doing a V2, V3, etc. Time will tell.

Reactions: Mercedesslr

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Unless BBR is changing the case size and AR during production, this is a hard NO. These are the biggest tells from far away on an RM 55 rep. No way around that.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I agree the crystal kills it for me. Ruins the watch

TheDonSL

28/12/13
What's wrong with Crystal? It's look fine to me, for me it's even better than bs ZF one..lol

Lol youku video shows crystal is terrible and proportions are off compared to ZF….

http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg4M...==&sharekey=0852c086b0d4aef93f55aec021b714440

http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg4M...==&sharekey=d9e9c7c89a870ad1f9724cfcf72f70412

ZF for comparison

http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA1M...==&sharekey=087f23682d426338b8a0213f627dd5049

Reactions: TESLA760

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
According to the video, the non-TD asked why there is a red jewel instead of a clear one and the BBR owner claimed that he didn't want to make the watch look too alike so the factory would be safe from raids. Perhaps that is the reason why there's a red jewel, or perhaps they are going to siphon our money by doing a V2, V3, etc. Time will tell.

The second reason makes much more sense. The 1000+ submariner factories don't seem to share the same concern about making watches look too similar.
But this is a very exciting time to be in reps! The more competition the better!

Reactions: TheDonSL

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Sorry can someone more technically minded explain to me. I gather this is the first RM rep that has a moving balance wheel that's visible? So where would the balance wheel be in previous reps? Hidden behind the main plate?

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Lol youku video shows crystal is terrible and proportions are off compared to ZF….

http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg4M...==&sharekey=0852c086b0d4aef93f55aec021b714440

http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg4M...==&sharekey=d9e9c7c89a870ad1f9724cfcf72f70412

ZF for comparison

http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA1M...==&sharekey=087f23682d426338b8a0213f627dd5049

Just have time to see the video. I still agree whit i think. Its still better then zf fake movement.