• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Is it me or does the AR not look as accurate as ZF ?

I suspect you are right about the AR. I was thinking it would be an easy swap with a ZF watch but at the end of the day, the big question is, will the crown position in the movement, line up with the ZF case? Here is a picture of the ZF (first pic) and BBR side elevation for anyone who is interested - it does look close:

C59-E1080-3-E8-A-4-DCE-BA99-3-EC0-C931898-A.jpg

Last edited:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't think the swap will work. I am having custom straps made for the ZF. All these cases have different measurements based on the factory. The balance wheel improvement is nice, but the ZF is still my choice for now.

Reactions: TheDonSL

evvo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/21
if i got it right then the watch price with moving balance is 500-600 .. is this a real deal i mean the watch and the sale coz i was thinking if this company start making more of these (over 250pcs) then its but other old replicas out of business those with automatic myota movement and so on

i hope this is a real deal and people get what the order

im so waiting for someone to get the watch and post pictures off of it so its a real deal :)

Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I keep waiting to see people opinions on it in hand first before jumping. My only fear is will this be like the ZF 55 where it become obscure or will we get a better v2 in a few months to a year that we look back on the v1 and laugh at all it’s mistakes and shortcomings.

ztealth

11/8/13
No need to rush to get this version.
I'm pretty sure they will come out with a new version and replace the pink jewel in a few months.
ZF will probably response with an update of their own too. I think the quality of ZF is way superior.

Last edited:

asuwere

2/6/19
I'm pretty sure they will come out with a new version and replace the pink jewel in a few months.
ZF will probably response with an update of their own too. I think the quality of ZF is way superior.

That assumes there are no more raids.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19

If all goes well I was thinking that too. With China in general they play the drawn out game. The first version we get is overall the item but lacks the details to give it any sense of the real item. By their 4-6th version its about 90% accurate enough not including liberties they made to fit the movment or such. I feel like if ZF does a version, it will be a great case but weird movment and then we will get in to the ZF/BBR builds lol. Though I havent seen any RM modders seems like they are hidden to me lol.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
That assumes there are no more raids.

I pray that doesnt happen. Other wise this will be super obsucre and demand a premium to have a movment that functions like the real thing.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
If all goes well I was thinking that too. With China in general they play the drawn out game. The first version we get is overall the item but lacks the details to give it any sense of the real item. By their 4-6th version its about 90% accurate enough not including liberties they made to fit the movment or such. I feel like if ZF does a version, it will be a great case but weird movment and then we will get in to the ZF/BBR builds lol. Though I havent seen any RM modders seems like they are hidden to me lol.

RM modding is basically making custom watches since there are so many changes that need to be made. Independent small shops or individuals seem to do most of it unless you get into commissioning full builds straight from factories.

Reactions: Mercedesslr

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
RM modding is basically making custom watches since there are so many changes that need to be made. Independent small shops or individuals seem to do most of it unless you get into commissioning full builds straight from factories.

Thanks for the insight, I need to see if I can locate one of these individuals for some RM mods. Thanks again.

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Looks awesome, but I hope the case is as good as ZFs. Also, needs more colors and designs. These are super bland.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
You'll never find anyone that can mod you an RM to look 99% genuine. It doesn't exist and it's not possible. Have you ever held a gen RM 55 ? Do so and you'll see why.

I have not held a RM 55 but held and tried on a RM29 medium set diamonds and held a 67-02 for 5 seconds. No RM rep will ever be realistically accurate to a Gen. Something will always be off due to just how technical the watch is as well no factory wanting to spend the time and money to make a watch that’s not in as high of a demand as something like a Rolex which is easier to produce.

With a modder my hope was to just fix up a few things if possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You are correct. The finish of the movement and details on the gen are just not going to be replicated by anyone. That being said, the ZF versions I have seen up close do pass the sniff test from a distance. The AR and case dimensions being the biggest improvements.

NickNickNickk

4/6/21
I think we are moving in right direction to a actual gen. The best RM rep I’ve seen to date, Is a ABD custom 35.01 white NTPT. It’s not a working balance wheel. But fake watch buster confirmed it as real. And it was a close up photo.

but those who are available will cost u up to 4000$. And that’s just sad. And if u send ABD anything, u might not get anything

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
You are correct. The finish of the movement and details on the gen are just not going to be replicated by anyone. That being said, the ZF versions I have seen up close do pass the sniff test from a distance. The AR and case dimensions being the biggest improvements.

I completely agree. My hope was to try an enhance a ZF as much as possible or see if one day a Hybird could be built if ZF doesn’t create a movement similar to the one coming out.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
I completely agree. My hope was to try an enhance a ZF as much as possible or see if one day a Hybird could be built if ZF doesn’t create a movement similar to the one coming out.
Got you on this hope to get funds soon to order it, I already talked with my modder to see if it fits, he needs to see the attatchement, my hope is actually to put the inside of the movement(without the tachymeter/external part) and with some modification(drilling/glueing) sticking this on to the zf one therefore no further stress is necessary, only problem could be the crown but I think the inside of the movement has the same dimensions, for the rest taking out the pink one the balance wheel and trying to drill the holes larger below the balance as it looks more open space as per gen, wish me luck :)

Reactions: afdxb22

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Make sure they don't butcher up your case. I've seen some modded RM's that the side profile looks like someone took a sawzall to it.