• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Look! Legend built me a Hybrid 5711

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Beautiful build. Imho the best non-franken 5711 build is a thinned PF case + 3KF clone movement + custom DW + PPF/3KF/Buff dial. I'm informed legend and AMF can build such a hybrid.

does the 3KF movement enter the PF case?

Charly1604

Horology Curious
18/8/14
A true beauty, received my very first PPF Nautilus just a week ago and have to say I am completely in love with how they sit on the wrist. Definitely considering going the hybrid route too.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
A true beauty, received my very first PPF Nautilus just a week ago and have to say I am completely in love with how they sit on the wrist. Definitely considering going the hybrid route too.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Definitely consider the following hybrid: modded PF case + 3KF movement + PPF or Buff dial. PF bracelet a bit more robust than that of PPF but imho it's acceptable after re-finishing. PF bezel is closest to the gen and it does aesthetically matter imho.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Sorry but peterchao but I would get legend to relume the markers as the lume job is not done properly. Some are the lume are sticking out of the markers

My comments probably will be met with some disdain as legend is well respected but if you are paying for a lume job you shouldn’t accept this.

I only say things as it is so don’t get me wrong it’s a nicely modded piece and would be better if the lume can be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
Looks awesome.. way to be bold rocking White and go against the norm. My white 5726 says hi. White (watch) club!!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Sorry but peterchao but I would get legend to relume the markers as the lume job is not done properly. Some are the lume are sticking out of the markers

My comments probably will be met with some disdain as legend is well respected but if you are paying for a lume job you shouldn’t accept this.

I only say things as it is so don’t get me wrong it’s a nicely modded piece and would be better if the lume can be fixed.

Does the color of gen match perfectly in any lighting conditions? Some stated this wasn't the case for blue dial gens. What about the white dial?

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Does the color of gen match perfectly in any lighting conditions? Some stated this wasn't the case for blue dial gens. What about the white dial?

I think white dial are less obvious. Because obviously there are less shades of white then blue.

mrkt

Known Member
10/10/16
The difference my friend is that the guys at AMF do not have to take the blindfolds off during the entire modding process :hehehe:

Sent you a PM. I’d love for you to do a Tiffany 3KF for me.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Is the updated, 3KF 5711 V2 now better than the PF base?

Imho the brushed part of the 3KF v2 bezel is still wide but this rep with a Buff or a PPFv4 dial could be a NWBIG watch even if the gen was significantly cheaper.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Imho the brushed part of the 3KF v2 bezel is still wide but this rep with a Buff or a PPFv4 dial could be a NWBIG watch even if the gen was significantly cheaper.

Wich case is more gen spec? Not only about bezel brushed part but I mean all case...profiles, cg, thikness, caseback...

Thanks

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Wich case is more gen spec? Not only about bezel brushed part but I mean all case...profiles, cg, thikness, caseback...

Thanks

OOTB the latest 3KF v2 imho.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
PF bezel fix on 3KF watch?

boogieman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/20
Hnnng
The white dial hits different. Very inconspicuous!
Enjoy this build sir! It’s a certified beauty!

Mocha911

Looking Around
19/3/22
Very late to the party but congrats on that beauty. Really stoked to see pics of Legend's modded watches being posted here

Best
Mocha

RG417

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/12
Real Picasso of Watches. Legend..

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk