• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Black bay bronze GEN vs ZF

Luis83

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/21
France
thanks for the comparison. the gen has a few more things, it is undeniable. but the finish of the rep is incredible

jhoti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/21
Thanks for sharing, looks like I am a fail when it comes to spotting differences that small.

Wear in good health

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/8/19
Great post. I have both the gen and the rep in the Bucherer and also the Bronze brown. Really like the look and feel of the Tudor bronzes and I can say that in RL on the wrist the only way to pick the rep is if there was a gen beside it to compare. The 2 tells are the boxier crystal of the rep, and also the colour graduations of the dial in bright sunlight. The other so called tells are hard to see with the naked eye.
The reps are worn as tool watches when there is a chance of knocking it around. The gen for more genteel events :) Wear them in great health.

As in all threads, they are useless without pictures. :) So here are the pics of my gen and rep.

Reactions: Karl and Hor-Fan

ferristara

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/12/12
Great post. I have both the gen and the rep in the Bucherer and also the Bronze brown. Really like the look and feel of the Tudor bronzes and I can say that in RL on the wrist the only way to pick the rep is if there was a gen beside it to compare. The 2 tells are the boxier crystal of the rep, and also the colour graduations of the dial in bright sunlight. The other so called tells are hard to see with the naked eye.
The reps are worn as tool watches when there is a chance of knocking it around. The gen for more genteel events :) Wear them in great health.

As in all threads, they are useless without pictures. :) So here are the pics of my gen and rep.
.....thinking to order a Black Bay Bucherer too - not sure if I should take ZF or XF.....

is it possible for you to show us a photo of your both blue beauties side by side ?

thanks a bunch for your trouble, buddy

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Karl

Pit88

Horology Curious
16/6/19
hello, I read what you wrote and thank you for the beautiful article, I wanted to ask you from which site you made the purchase, because I am very interested too and I did not have a great experience in a purchase attempt this summer . thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
hello, I read what you wrote and thank you for the beautiful article, I wanted to ask you from which site you made the purchase, because I am very interested too and I did not have a great experience in a purchase attempt this summer . thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

The rep was from puretime, however any TD should have it..... the gen from jomashop.

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
Hi, congrat on your beautiful rep and gen.
Does the function exactly the same as gen?
The bronze is my favorite too. I'm planning on ordering one soon.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Hi, congrat on your beautiful rep and gen.
Does the function exactly the same as gen?
The bronze is my favorite too. I'm planning on ordering one soon.

Same. It's not a multifunction watch, so other than different movement inside, it's the same

Reactions: Angryboai

mehul1987

Watches
30/7/21
This right here makes me want t make my first rep purchase! Been reading a while and while every other piece I own is a gen. I have boon looking at a lot of new gens models from different brands. the fact that this is soo damn close make me want to get one of these instead!

BubaJones

Horology Curious
14/12/21
Thanks for SxS. Who would know if not next to each other, Case and crown on rep just look like its been a worn piece. Love the uniqueness of the bronze. Stitching on the band is the only real tell.