• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF rolex deep-sea dweller

JC6451

Horology Curious
3/5/23
NYC
I have a Gen Deep Sea with blue gradient dial (James Cameron). To Nite's point it is the largest watch Rolex makes at 44, so it is big. That said, if you have a big wrist, it's a very balanced watch, much more so than other large watches like Omega Planet Ocean 6000 - also a beautiful watch (especially with blue gradient IMO), slightly largely at 45.5, but certainly not as balanced.

Reactions: TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have a Gen Deep Sea with blue gradient dial (James Cameron). To Nite's point it is the largest watch Rolex makes at 44, so it is big. That said, if you have a big wrist, it's a very balanced watch, much more so than other large watches like Omega Planet Ocean 6000 - also a beautiful watch (especially with blue gradient IMO), slightly largely at 45.5, but certainly not as balanced.
100% correct. The latest bracelet is perfect and I love that model watch.

JC6451

Horology Curious
3/5/23
NYC
100% correct. The latest bracelet is perfect and I love that model watch.
That's awesome. The other thing I love about the James Cameron (as opposed to all black dial) is that it looks like three different colors depending on how the light hits it. Dark blue, to black. Sometimes even light blue in the sun. And the green text, juxtaposed with the white, is so unique. It's a winner. Probably not as versatile as a Sub (solely from a size standpoint, durability is there but you need to consider that you are more likely to say brush it against a wall or door because it is indeed larger). That said, far fewer people have it.

Reactions: TESLA760