• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Extra Special Strap for Extra Special Pilot

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
Hi Zenith lovers,

I am a happy owner of a rep Pilot Extra Special in bronze since quite some time now. The only thing (other than the big difference of the crown from the gen) that bothered me with this watch is the open distance between the lugs and the case. When I thought about wearing the watch with a nato, I started searching the net for some reference pics and ended up finding this special strap coming with an exclusive Westime edition

Link: https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en...ules-the-skies

Pic:
wgjAA.png

It is a rather unusual strap - reminding me of the heritage pilot straps like below

worMg.jpg

but is kind of half that and half nato..

Anyway. I thought it would be cool to try this out. I contacted Vesire a strap making enthusiast at RWI and showed him the pics of the strap. He was a bit unconvinced at the beginning pointing out the exceptional length that will be required but quickly picked up the idea. I made a mock-up at home to get the measurements and Vesire brought it to life.

I just received it today and I have to say I am impressed with the result. Hats off to Vesire, well done!

woc0Q.jpg

woQdA.jpg

won5f.jpg

Liking it very much. I thought other Zenith owners might find it interesting so I made the post. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vesire