Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG WARNING - Do not google TD's websites.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    This should be obvious but unfortunately as the saying goes, "there's a sucker born every minute".

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by SUMIKITO View Post
      Be leery of anything and everything you find online. Most are a bad joke, a lie, or downright deceiving. A fool is born every minute. Dont be that fool. Double check, and triple check everything. Everything.
      Excellent advice.

      Comment


        #33
        Can we report these scam sites to Paypal or whatever service they use for payment. All these sites could come from the same group of dickheads

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Akonhell View Post
          Can we report these scam sites to Paypal or whatever service they use for payment. All these sites could come from the same group of dickheads
          Ah no. That will bring attention down upon the real site as well.

          ************************************************** ********
          People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
          ************************************************** *************
          hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
          ************************************************** ********
          When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge




          Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens


          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Akonhell View Post
            Can we report these scam sites to Paypal or whatever service they use for payment. All these sites could come from the same group of dickheads
            It’s very difficult to talk to a human being at PayPal, they don’t usually employ anything in flesh, usually robots.

            Comment


              #36
              I guess the safest way to browse sites it's through links that are officially recognised in here and Reddit group RepTime.

              My question is how often do these link change?

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by KoiPanda View Post
                I guess the safest way to browse sites it's through links that are officially recognised in here and Reddit group RepTime.

                My question is how often do these link change?
                The best example: JTIME's website (www.jtime.cc) was hijacked a few days ago. Now he has changed the 1st post from the thread "My Homepage URL" (or something like that) to his new domain, jtime.io, in his sub-forum in the RWI.
                In the forum description, however, it still says "jtime.cc".

                You just have to get information directly from the TD.
                Don't be fooled.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by derjenigewelcher View Post

                  The best example: JTIME's website (www.jtime.cc) was hijacked a few days ago. Now he has changed the 1st post from the thread "My Homepage URL" (or something like that) to his new domain, jtime.io, in his sub-forum in the RWI.
                  In the forum description, however, it still says "jtime.cc".

                  You just have to get information directly from the TD.
                  Don't be fooled.
                  That's because we have not received a request from the dealer to change the header. Until now I was unaware anything had changed, I'll fix it now.

                  ************************************************** ********
                  People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                  ************************************************** *************
                  hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                  ************************************************** ********
                  When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge




                  Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens


                  Comment


                    #39
                    Thank you boss - have a great day!

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I think without this forum and without a pre-existing contact with a trusted dealer, it would be absolutely impossible to determine which sites are genuine and which are not. Therefore, I am very glad that we have the opportunity here to inform ourselves accordingly before buying.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        yea I started to notice this ... sometimes when I was too lazy to log into this place to find a specific link I was looking for I would just type the name on google and then notice tons of scam sites using the almost same website name and was like dam these scammers sure go the extra mile dont they to trick people!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Can't stress enough to really go through proper rwi channels to your preferred dealer.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            I have always wondered why do people even buy through one of the websites? Isn't it safer to message the TD on whatsapp/wechat to talk through what you want and agree with them? Takes away the risk of getting a scam site.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              A fool and his money are soon parted

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X