Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG WARNING - Do not google TD's websites.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowman9000 View Post
    It's really good to have this forum. I guess many people are easily getting into the wrong sites unfortunately
    Indeed it is! Consider becoming a supporter to show your appreciation and support the work
    I have too many not enough watches.

Comment

thank to your post I’ve avoided a fake link

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by grum10 View Post
        thank to your post I’ve avoided a fake link

cheers!
        I am so glad to hear this.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
        There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
        ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
        Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

The scam sites are no joke. My friend got hustled on a Patek Aquanaut not long ago.

I personally emailed him the correct link to the correct watch on one of our TD's sites, and somehow the bonehead managed to find his way to a fake site and he bought the watch from them. They had him pay via WU, and as soon as he told me that I scolded him because I specifically told him not to do that. It took me a while to figure it out from the order numbers, his was in a much higher number range when I compared to some of my past order numbers, and the TD confirmed that his order number did not exist in their system. Then when I grilled my friend he admitted that he may have ventured to a similar site via google thinking it was the same.

In the end I sourced him another aquanaut so all good, it just cost him more than planned.
          Last edited by mt666tm; 29-06-21, 22:18.

Comment

One of the first things I learnt here.

Comment

I too learnt my lesson the hard way. But I also learned that people here are extraordinarily helpful.

Comment

Thanks guys for yours warnings... Replica of the replica watch website....

Comment

Literally almost happened to me, very dangerous and risky

Comment

This is the post of the year! Thank You for sharing

Happens very often: we receive a PM to check on an order which never arrived... We do a research with the name/e-mail to realise it was never made through us but someone using our credentials as a TD in the forums. This happens with all the vendors who are on the market for almost two decades since forums exist. Friends, use the forums to browse and know the email and websites of the TDs and ask questions! Cheers to all!
                    Last edited by torobravo; 10-07-21, 09:18.
                    http://www.trb88.club

Comment

Originally posted by torobravo View Post
                      This is the post of the year! Thank You for sharing

Happens very often: we receive a PM to check on an order which never arrived... We do a research with the name/e-mail to realise it was never made through us but someone using our credentials as a TD in the forums. This happens with all the vendors who are on the market for almost two decades since forums exist. Friends, use the forums to browse and know the email and websites of the TDs and ask questions! Cheers to all!
                      Thanks Toro. It should be obvious but we come across way too many people ripped off by these scam sites.

There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.

Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Thanks......
                        "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

Comment

Originally posted by cpd2186 View Post
                          Thanks......
                          You are welcome D

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Originally posted by C Master View Post

You are welcome D
                            LOL...... I was hoping you would see me P! Only reason I did that!
                            "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

Comment

Originally posted by cpd2186 View Post

LOL...... I was hoping you would see me P! Only reason I did that!
                              I always see you D

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Thank you for the info. cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X