Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please welcome our newest section moderator . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please welcome our newest section moderator . . .

Hey gang, please join me in welcoming the new moderator for the AP section, legend.
    legend knows the brand backwards \and has kindly volunteered to assist by running it for us. Please remember he is here to run AP only and not for sales issues or other stuff so don't bug him about it!

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

A legend is born!

Comment

Welcome aboard legend You will be fine, nothing to worry about. You will not go slowly insane like the rest of the staff. I promise.

(A P.T Barnum quote springs to mind.)

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
      There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
      ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
      Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Comment

Welcome and good luck )

Comment

legend Welcome, we shall be glad to learn more
            WTB: V72 / V726 / V730 Movements

WTB: TC 16610LV - V6 or V7

Comment

Congrats bro and thanks!
              We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
              GMT Movements Explained
              BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
              Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
              The Fantasy Watch Thread
              Noob GMT's poor bezel design
              Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Welcome AP Master

Comment

AP asset on board

Comment

Congrats Sir,

Well deserved & am absolutely chuffed for ya, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Enjoy the new superpowers, am sure you'll wield them both wisely & judiciously - as long as you don't start nuking people like QueTip

In all seriousness though, and I know I'm only brand new here, but from what I've seen, I think others will agree, that when AP is mentioned, anywhere across the whole forum, you're the name that pops up, time and time again, as the person who is tagged in for their opinion or advice, so to get this official recognition from the Bossmen themselves is, excuse the vulgarity, fkn awesome!

When I read the announcement post, I recalled seeing the below thread & thought it was pretty cool, and it gave me an idea re the emoji you're always busting out on people....i.e.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...on-your-behalf

When I looked into it, in post #95, it looked likeWingNut
                    had actually requested it already, but luckily, when I tested it out, looks like his 'honorary emoji' is actually something else.

Then I thought :smokiedabong: requested it, but testing his name doesn't bring up the emoji, so unless someone else has since claimed it, maybe it is up for grabs after all.

Wingnut actually used the same emoji again in post #102, when joking about being an 'outlaw', and you do call yourself 'Outlawed Dragon' in your avatar...

Plus, has to be said, in addition to being a bastion of knowledge on all things AP related, I think you'd agree yourself, you probably have a bit of a 'rebellious' streak....

trailboss99
                    I think 'Legend' ticks all of R2D4's boxes, so if it's not too cheeky, am just wondering is there any chance of bestowing the above honorary 'emoji name' to him?

I think he'd appreciate it & would be something memorable to mark his ascension to the role of AP Section Mod.

Congrats again bro, hope it doesn't mean you're too cool to talk to us mere mortals now....

ps... I also saw the below A,

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ber-interviews

And thought, if you're up for it, other members could be interested to read an interview with the one and only 'legend' - maybe after your first 30 days of AP Section Mod? *

*Interviewee has the right to plead the 5th on any question...*

Between now and then, to make it extra fun, if the AP enthusiasts were game (or anyone really), they could each send me one or two questions, via PM, that they've always been curious about & I could collate them and go from there?

Am sure there'll be duplication/overlap, which is why I didnt limit it to just 1 per member, but spread the word folks, let's make this interesting....

pps....if you can't access the above links, it's because you haven't clicked the big orange banner, that appears across the top of the site.....yet..

It also means you can't access the super duper "Supporters' Haven" & am not for 1 second sorry for the shameless plug.

Because if you're reading this, you're deep in the bowels of RWI, most likely after (or perhaps even before) purchasing your replica/franken/genstein/gen & benefitting from a wealth of knowledge from all across the globe, shared freely by the Membership.

This is able to happen because the creators of the site have given us all a forum for discussion, access to a repository of knowledge, so imho deserves our support - as we are all on here learning, interacting & enjoying the hobby - plus it's hardly going to break the bank.

With the added bonus of seeing your name lit up.

Actually just thought of another reason to "Click that button", you'll be able to read the exclusive 2021 Legend interview where he bares all....

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-you-subscribe
                    'Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get'

Comment

Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post

Enjoy the new superpowers, am sure you'll wield them both wisely & judiciously - as long as you don't start nuking people like QueTip
                      Say that again, I double dare you.

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                      RM#1:
                      I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

Originally posted by QueTip View Post
                        Say that again, I double dare you.
                        Forgive me for I have sinned all mighty Q. Your wish shall be my command.
                        'Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get'

Comment

But like it’s been said previously, legend is a big anchor of the AP sub, a wealth of knowledge and has been for as long as I can remember.
                          I’m very happy to see him on board and I couldn’t think of a better choice than him.

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                          RM#1:
                          I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

Forgive me for I have sinned all mighty Q. Your wish shall be my command.
                            Now we’re talking.

RM#1:

QFOAHDT

Comment

When I looked into it, in post #95, it looked likeWingNut
                              had actually requested it already, but luckily, when I tested it out, looks like his 'honorary emoji' is actually something else.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
                              There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
                              ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
                              Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Working...
                              X