Your Watch - on suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mari115 View Post

I'm not sure i got it, but why would they care if you tried to contact someone? And why is it contacting them and not buying from them? IDK but this stinks
    +1
    makes no sense tbh
    SHARE YOUR SKILLS!
    Summary of the best tutorials

MY WORKS
    Directory of my builds and reviews

Comment

It's almost as if the current raids in China are tied together with a (mis)information campaign by Rolex et al. Gonna be interesting if other letters like that are going around too currently.

That said, demanding that ppl not contact YW is just bollocks. They do not have that right in pretty much any jurisdiction and this part alone makes the whole thing suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

Don't post it here but please send me a scan of that, I'd very much like to see it.
        Is the message from law confirmed by you?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think Rolex has any say nor interest in preventing someone from contacting someone else.

Almost as if it was YW itself who tried to stop people from looking for them, by intimidating them while using Rolex's name...

Love these conspiracy theories

"What's the biggest tell in a rep?"
          "You!"

Comment

YW haven't given this place a 2nd thought since they ran off with the members money. They may have a laugh about it when they get together for a beer, maybe. But to think they are sending fake letter out is preposterous.

If customs seized a lot of fake watches it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they would contact the genuine manufacturers, and thus they send out letters to the people the watches were addressed to.

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eshow3907 View Post
              Well, today I got a certified letter from the law office of Gibney representing the fellas as Rolex. They sent me a very strongly worded letter about violating the Lanham Act and that I was subject to a $2,000,000 fine and 10 years in jail if I tried to contact YourWatch.
              now this is getting interesting.... WTF !!!

Comment

Well, today I got a certified letter from the law office of Gibney representing the fellas as Rolex. They sent me a very strongly worded letter about violating the Lanham Act and that I was subject to a $2,000,000 fine and 10 years in jail if I tried to contact YourWatch.
                The Gibney law firm is a legitimate US firm that is on retainer by Rolex to represent them in cases of counterfeit watches. Anyone who has had a Rolex rep confiscated by US Customs will get one of these threatening letters by certified mail because Customs notifies them of every seizure. There are copies of the letters on forums and other websites, basically they want you to confess and incriminate yourself and implicate others. Most people simply ignore the letter and AFAIK there is no follow up action. It's been two years since I ignored mine and I've heard nothing further. The fines and jail time are real so this is nothing to trifle with but it's a big mistake to give them more info of any kind.

I think you must have misinterpreted their words. They are articulate pitbull lawyers who IMO would not threaten you with fines or jail time for talking to anyone. They may have warned, advised, recommended, etc. that you not do so, which is different. Talking to someone is not a crime, and they would have no case against you on behalf of their client Rolex if you did so.
                Last edited by KJ2020; 30-05-21, 02:39.
                We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                GMT Movements Explained
                BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                The Fantasy Watch Thread
                Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by ProGamer73061 View Post

Is the message from law confirmed by you?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                  I haven't seen it as yet.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                  ************************************************** *************
                  hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                  When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

I haven't seen it as yet.
                    Hey boss, sending it via pm now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

The Gibney law firm is a legitimate US firm that is on retainer by Rolex to represent them in cases of counterfeit watches. Anyone who has had a Rolex rep confiscated by US Customs will get one of these threatening letters by certified mail because Customs notifies them of every seizure. There are copies of the letters on forums and other websites, basically they want you to confess and incriminate yourself and implicate others. Most people simply ignore the letter and AFAIK there is no follow up action. It's been two years since I ignored mine and I've heard nothing further. The fines and jail time are real so this is nothing to trifle with but it's a big mistake to give them more info of any kind.

I think you must have misinterpreted their words. They are articulate pitbull lawyers who IMO would not threaten you with fines or jail time for talking to anyone. They may have warned, advised, recommended, etc. that you not do so, which is different. Talking to someone is not a crime, and they would have no case against you on behalf of their client Rolex if you did so.
                      The exact words are

“strongly urged not to contact the supplier of the counterfeit watch or to take any other action which would interfere with our clients ability to eliminate the counterfeit merchandise from the marketplace or we will hold you responsible for your complicity in any such actions to the maximum extent of the law”

They requested an email reply confirming my compliance with their demands. I did send them an email letting them know I had no idea what they were taking about. Heavy shit, definitely not excited about loosing my order and finding myself on a list.

Hopefully they don’t start holding up my shipments from China. My kids rely on a steady supply of pikmin plush toys and Meme tshirts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

They requested an email reply confirming my compliance with their demands. I did send them an email
                        Pretty sure the best action here would have been inaction...

Comment

The exact words are

“strongly urged not to contact the supplier of the counterfeit watch or to take any other action which would interfere with our clients ability to eliminate the counterfeit merchandise from the marketplace or we will hold you responsible for your complicity in any such actions to the maximum extent of the law”
                          The heavy fine and jail time you mentioned previously does not apply to you contacting Your Watch. That is reserved specifically for trafficking in (selling) counterfeit goods. So this strong urging appears to me to be a scare tactic that is mostly without teeth. However at this point if it were me I would steer clear of everything relating to Your Watch and kiss all losses goodbye. Gibney et al will not be monitoring your other shipments from China.

I didn't ask where you were from, and am not asking you now, but in the US it is not illegal to buy a counterfeit watch for personal use. Gibney is after sellers so they can make a case stick, especially volume sellers. They are fishing for information in these letters, and attempt to trap people into giving it to them.

"Is it Illegal to Buy Counterfeit Goods?
                          In the U.S., federal law protecting trademarks makes it illegal to knowingly traffic counterfeit goods, which includes the production, sale and transport of such goods. The U.S. Department of Justice, however, has stated that federal law doesn’t prohibit an individual from buying a counterfeit product for personal use, even if they do so knowingly.

The maximum penalty for first-time offenders trafficking in counterfeit goods is 10 years in prison and a $2 million fine. For second-time offenders, the penalty is 20 years and a $5 million fine. In addition, if a corporation traffics in counterfeit goods, it can be subject to a fine of $15 million."

https://www.findlaw.com/consumer/con...resources.html
                          Last edited by KJ2020; 31-05-21, 13:05.
                          We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                          GMT Movements Explained
                          BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                          Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                          The Fantasy Watch Thread
                          Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                          Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

"Is it Illegal to Buy Counterfeit Goods?
                            In the U.S., federal law protecting trademarks makes it illegal to knowingly traffic counterfeit goods, which includes the production, sale and transport of such goods. The U.S. Department of Justice, however, has stated that federal law doesn’t prohibit an individual from buying a counterfeit product for personal use, even if they do so knowingly.

The maximum penalty for first-time offenders trafficking in counterfeit goods is 10 years in prison and a $2 million fine. For second-time offenders, the penalty is 20 years and a $5 million fine. In addition, if a corporation traffics in counterfeit goods, it can be subject to a fine of $15 million."

https://www.findlaw.com/consumer/con...resources.html
                            This is targeted towards traffickers. You as a buyer are not in danger. As somebody said above they are fishing for Infos and want to see if they maybe can nail you but they can't.

Comment

Working...
                            X