X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailboss99
    started a topic Changes to the sales rules

Changes to the sales rules

Hey gang, in an attempt to prevent scams the sales section crew have come up with a few modifications of the sales rules.

The changes are:

1) Non supporters may list 3 watches per month but may only list one watch at a time and must wait until the last sale is complete before listing the next sale
    (only one working sale at a time )

2) Upon selecting a buyer , the seller must state OHPF in the sale

3) As soon as a watch is sold , seller must state that the watch is sold

Hopefully this will further reduce the amount of scammers which although far from high is higher than zero so more than we will accept. If the person you buy a watch off does not put OHPF in the replies REPORT THE SALE! We can't help you if you don't help us. It takes both members and the sales team to keep you all safe!

• koosh
    replied
    Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post
    if you feel post count isn't a good metric, what do you think could be added to enhance the M2M sales area?
    this is a tough question. a lot of online security and reputation these days is based on tying in to social media / proof of identity but for numerous reasons that wouldn't work here, nor do i agree with it in principle from a privacy perspective. i think what you're describing is just identifying an authentic individual, and within the gates of the forum, posts are really the only way to do that

Leave a comment:

• P..DR..D
    replied
    koosh RWI is 'purely an information/news website', says so at the bottom .

The M2M section is a very small part.

It's about sharing information, which comes from all members, irrespective of position, so if you feel post count isn't a good metric, what do you think could be added to enhance the M2M sales area?

Before I sent $1, I myself would look at the seller in detail, see if they've sold anything before, search for their username, have they been tagged anywhere, check feedback etc.

The Bossmen have put in a series of rules, minimum requirements, and have the MenInGreen policing the M2M area, questioning and shutting down suspicious sales, but they cant ultimately defend us from ourselves if we dont follow the rules, or exercise common sense - nor can we expect them to.
    Last edited by P..DR..D; 04-04-21, 07:19. Reason: Sp

Leave a comment:

• koosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Booch View Post

Why? I’m a lurker who reads and buys watches here M2M. None of the sellers I’ve dealt with would complain about me not following through. I’ve paid to be a supporter even though I’ve never sold anything here.
    agreed. i've been a member for 13 years. i don't have much to offer in the way of "constructive" posts but come for all the great info, and will probably sell a watch or two here some day. i don't think post count is a good metric to reduce scammers.

Leave a comment:

• Brammm
    replied
    Great job! Now try to remember the new rules when selling a watch.

Leave a comment:

• mrkawasaki
    replied
    These are great rules. If I ever wanted to sell some of my watches here, I'd be totally fine with selling them one by one.

Leave a comment:

• trailboss99
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan Bourdillion Traherne View Post
    I apologize in advance
    No need to apologise, the only dumb question is the one not asked (or the one asked unresearched but you covered that).

Leave a comment:

• thorne
    replied
    I apologize in advance but I tried to look up "OHPF" in the forum abbreviations and did not find it. What is 'OHPF'?
    On hold pending funds.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Bourdillion Traherne
    replied
    Ah. Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• DD60
    replied
    I apologize in advance but I tried to look up "OHPF" in the forum abbreviations and did not find it. What is 'OHPF'?
    Ummm - On hold pending funds
    Last edited by DD60; 24-03-21, 09:30.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Bourdillion Traherne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• YellowFin
    replied
    Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

The changes are in the rules
    Sorry, my fault. Only tried to look up this thread.

Leave a comment:

• trailboss99
    replied
    Originally posted by YellowFin View Post
    Could this be moved the the Sales Rules section? Just opened a sales thread and couldn't find it there when trying to look this addition up.
    The changes are in the rules

Leave a comment:

• YellowFin
    replied
    Could this be moved the the Sales Rules section? Just opened a sales thread and couldn't find it there when trying to look this addition up.
    Last edited by YellowFin; 23-03-21, 17:28.

Leave a comment:

• Gunyan85
    replied
    Originally posted by Riverwind85 View Post
    May I suggest that the buyers should write on the post “Payment sent”.
    This thing helped some guys being scammed too.
    This would work nice, it can be a 'must' for buyers protection too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X