Changes to the sales rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to the sales rules

Hey gang, in an attempt to prevent scams the sales section crew have come up with a few modifications of the sales rules.

The changes are:

1) Non supporters may list 3 watches per month but may only list one watch at a time and must wait until the last sale is complete before listing the next sale
    (only one working sale at a time )

2) Upon selecting a buyer , the seller must state OHPF in the sale

3) As soon as a watch is sold , seller must state that the watch is sold

Hopefully this will further reduce the amount of scammers which although far from high is higher than zero so more than we will accept. If the person you buy a watch off does not put OHPF in the replies REPORT THE SALE! We can't help you if you don't help us. It takes both members and the sales team to keep you all safe!

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Is there anyway to make it 30 (approx) constructive posts before the sales section becomes visible?

Comment

May I suggest that the buyers should write on the post “Payment sent”.
      This thing helped some guys being scammed too.

Comment

Fantastic news. Great work by the sales mods.

This is the biggest rep marketplace on the rep fora, and so attracts the highest risk of scammers.

Great to see we are making things so much tougher for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwind85 View Post
          This is definitely a best practice to help reduce issues.
          My wish list:
          Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Agree with this, every time I make an offer I document within the sellers post. things like "Pm sent" or "Payment/Money sent" so other people who're interested can tell that there's a pending transaction already. hopefully more people read through this. To either protect themselves and future members.

Comment

Originally posted by red1 View Post
              Is there anyway to make it 30 (approx) constructive posts before the sales section becomes visible?
              I say 50. I never sold a watch or bought one off for now. But its easy to get to 50.
              Last edited by EuroTime25; 08-03-21, 00:48.

Comment

Originally posted by EuroTime25 View Post

I say 50. I never sold a watch or bought one off for now. But its easy to get to 50.
                Post count doesn't really matter if someone want to be scamming piece of s... He can easily do 50 posts.

Common sense is to go thru the history of the seller. Posts, previous sales etc.

Me myself i wouldn't buy something from regular member with low post count.

Comment

This might not be liked... but maybe a set timeframe as an active member before you can sell? 30-90 days or so? The sales section is a privilege and I believe privileges should be earned. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by LetMeHearItNow; 08-03-21, 04:31.

Comment

Originally posted by red1 View Post
                    How do you program a forum to evaluate 30 posts to decide if they are constructive or not? You realize our staff cannot possibly evaluate every author to decide if the posts are constructive, right. It would be far easier if a buyer would evaluate the author. Kinda should anyway, right?
                    THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

Originally posted by daytona4me View Post

How do you program a forum to evaluate 30 posts to decide if they are constructive or not? You realize our staff cannot possibly evaluate every author to decide if the posts are constructive, right. It would be far easier if a buyer would evaluate the author. Kinda should anyway, right?
                      You are fired! You mean you guys don't scrutinize each post for validity and contributive value? Lazy MFers

Comment

Accident sorry...

Last edited by oascom; 08-03-21, 12:43. Reason: Accident post.

Comment

This is highly recommended by the staff at RWI, but not required. We like to protect our users (buyers and sellers) so if the buyers and sellers are so inclined, feel free to do so, but only if both parties are agreeable. As always, we want to make the sales section the best there is, while also being as safe as possible for all.

Thank you to all users who do their best to keep it this way, staff very much appreciates the help.
                          "People don't care about your watch, so wear what makes you happy!!!" -RWI Proverb# 7

Comment

That would be a big help and, as I understand it, strongly encouraged by Staff. The Seller can also tag the buyer in the thread like "payment received from Tucker "
                            Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
                            I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

Not all buyers want to ID themselves mate especially those where buying as well as selling a rep is an actual crime.

************************************************** ********
                              People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                              ************************************************** *************
                              hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                              ************************************************** ********
                              When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Working...
                              X