Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's almost CNY time - Orders and comms will be delayed from dealers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's almost CNY time - Orders and comms will be delayed from dealers.

Those of you who are old hands at this know no one has more national holidays than China and we are now coming up to one of the big ones, Chinese New Year. From the 11th of February the entire country will shut for seven days at least. Most factories will be closed for two or more weeks as people travel back to their ancestral towns for the celebration. Disruptions will start now in some cases and just get worse as the day comes closer. for the main week even the post office is closed, nothing moves, nothing happens.

In other words, you have very little time to get a watch ordered before the deadline, much later than this week and it's a crap shoot if it gets shipped before CNY as everyone else is also trying to ship. The Old Ones will tell the tale of the Great Mail Mountain of Shenzhen, a pile 100 foot across and 30 high of EMS packages in SZ post CNY. This year we have COVID reducing available flights so it may be even worse than in the past so if your watch is late have some patience and wait. Next year you will know to order early in Jan but trust me you will get your watch it just may take a bit longer than usual so don't panic and learn to ignore tracking for at least a month once you have seen it's in the system. trust me its a better way

In closing I would like to wish all of you, members, staff and dealers a happy new year of the Ox; may it be peaceful, joyous, safe and prosperous for all.

Trailboss99

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Happy New Year!
    YourWatch.io

Comment

Ahhh good to know thanks trailbass cat herder looool

Comment

Happy Chinese New Year! It will be the YEAR OF THE COW !

Comment

Originally posted by miscusi View Post
          good to know! i love a good juicy steak!

Comment

Ox

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
            hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
            When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Comment

Just to add - Got notified by TD that this year factories have already closed early for CNY because of the recent ZF raid.

Comment

DankeTrailboss und unseren Chinafeunden ein Cny

Comment

Originally posted by rolexstefan View Post
                    DankeTrailboss und unseren Chinafeunden ein Cny
                    You're in the main forum. English please.

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                    RM#1:
                    I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

niú(牛) directly refers to ox. The cow, bull, water buffalo or cattle are just other expressions. The official term for the zodiac and thus the coming year is ox though.

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
                      RM#1:
                      I'll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I'll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

oohh sorry ;-))
                        thank you trailboss and ouer chinafiends a happy new year

Comment

Originally posted by QueTip View Post

niú(牛) directly refers to ox. The cow, bull, water buffalo or cattle are just other expressions. The official term for the zodiac and thus the coming year is ox though.
                          Yes this. 牛 is actually a generic Chinese character referring to the cow, bull, ox, Buffalo and all sorts of bovine. You add prefixes to differentiate them. For example the water Buffalo is called 水牛 in Chinese and 乳牛 for dairy cows.

It is not specified what kind of bovine is represented in the Chinese zodiac but it is conventionally termed the Year of the Ox in English.

Let’s not be cowed by the cultural difference and let’s look forward to the ox-some year ahead together!

Comment

奶 (nai) is milk... 牛奶 (ow nai) is cow milk. and since ox dont make milk (being male) I say it is the year of the cow. Thats why I say that, but yeah 牛 can be any kind of cattle creature... (I was born year of the cow) Update: Just googled... Ox are castrated.. oh no, definitely not year of the ox please. oh noooooo
                            Last edited by miscusi; 31-01-21, 03:18.

Comment

恭喜新宿2021年农历新年

Comment

Working...
                              X