Debugging some issues, disabled options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debugging some issues, disabled options

We are debugging some issues plaguing the forum and had to disable notification options for new posts. You will not receive notifications for posts made in specific sections. Can you imagine how many people have subscriptions to new posts in our Rolex forum and our Sales section. vBulletin cannot adequately handle notifying 100,000+ members every time a post is made in sales.

We have very robust servers, the issue is software and how VB is written. Please be patient as we attempt to make things better. Please understand that we may have to leave certain options off so that our server is more stable.
    THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Good things always come to those who know how to wait patiently. Relax, have a cold drink, or something. A very bright light awaits us all at the end of the tunnel....... Go, Go, RWI !!
    'My reps all take a lickin' but keep on ticking!' Bravo! A Rolex owner is never late. Even if he is late, he is still not late. RWI . Such a lovely place....... This could be Heaven or this could be Hell. We are all just prisoners here, of our own device. Relax, we are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like. But you can never leave.... Paperless Billing : "Sign up to get your bill online and save a tree"..... well my answer to that is : "Stop using toilet paper now and save thousands of trees Bozo ! "

Comment

Originally posted by daytona4me View Post
      We are debugging some issues plaguing the forum and had to disable notification options for new posts. You will not receive notifications for posts made in specific sections. Can you imagine how many people have subscriptions to new posts in our Rolex forum and our Sales section. vBulletin cannot adequately handle notifying 100,000+ members every time a post is made in sales.

We have very robust servers, the issue is software and how VB is written. Please be patient as we attempt to make things better. Please understand that we may have to leave certain options off so that our server is more stable.
      Completely agreed. RWI will soon be in a better shape than ever.

Comment

Can you imagine how many people have subscriptions to new posts in our Rolex forum and our Sales section. vBulletin cannot adequately handle notifying 100,000+ members every time a post is made in sales
        jesus christ... you should remove the whole option to subscribe to full parts of the forum in my opinion forever.
        My works:
        https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...logixa-s-works

How to service a Tourbillon:
        https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...rbillon-st8000

Comment

^ This. For a couple of years, I did not even know that you can do this. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Logixa View Post

jesus christ... you should remove the whole option to subscribe to full parts of the forum in my opinion forever.
            +1 I'm not using but also wasn't aware you'll get notified of every single new post in the whole subsection. Even on a very performant forum SW that's going to cause issues at some point.

Comment

I wonder if you can have it set to only notify users that have been active within a certain time frame like say a week or so. Then you aren’t sending out alerts on older posts to people who haven’t been on the forum in months. I usually keep all that stuff turned off but I know some people like to be notified of everything and that can really bog down a server, especially a big one like this.

Comment

Don't we wish Dizzy, vb is overly complicated where it doesn't need to be and lacks controls where needed. We will be going through some big updates over the next 2 months and hope to see improvements.

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

Don't we wish Dizzy, vb is overly complicated where it doesn't need to be and lacks controls where needed. We will be going through some big updates over the next 2 months and hope to see improvements.
                  Software migration?
                  There's plenty of sw better than vb nowadays.
                  WTB:

-PloProf V2
                  -Noob or BK 16710

-JF AP ROO Sachin Tendulkar, Jarno Trulli, 57th Street, Black Rubberclad, Beast... anything else, offers?

Comment

Originally posted by SHB View Post

Software migration?
                    There's plenty of sw better than vb nowadays.
                    Yes but are you rewriting a dozen plus custom plugins?

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                    ************************************************** *************
                    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

Yes but are you rewriting a dozen plus custom plugins?
                      Nah, way too much work.
                      WTB:

-PloProf V2
                      -Noob or BK 16710

-JF AP ROO Sachin Tendulkar, Jarno Trulli, 57th Street, Black Rubberclad, Beast... anything else, offers?

Comment

Originally posted by SHB View Post

Nah, way too much work.
                        And there lies the issue with changing platforms again, so much of our build is custom due to our size and requirements.

************************************************** ********
                        People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                        ************************************************** *************
                        hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                        ************************************************** ********
                        When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

We have re-enabled post notifications via email. We will measure the results during the next week.

Comment

I don’t have any issues right now anymore, except the slow loading website. Keep up the good work RWI, thanks

Comment

The "Mark This Channel Read" function is not working.

Comment

Working...
                              X