Current Testing Week: 11 January /21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Testing Week: 11 January /21

We are currently doing some testing that is causing some severe slow downs. I apologize for this. We will update a little later. We are moving some data around right now.
    THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

We will likely go offline for 15 minutes. Sorry.

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

We have made some changes to improve page load time. We will test the results over the next day or two unless things go sideways.

Comment

Remember that if this forum goes down for a serious amount of time (like more than 2 or 3 hours) news will be posted on the sister board rwg.bz/board but it's of no use to go there to post that RWI is down etc...

Comment

Big change committed.. Let's keep fingers crossed.

Comment

Thanks for the dedication and time you guys are putting into the continuous improvement of our systems. You guys really are unsung heroes.

Comment

I got some errors loading pages with lots of pics for past few days. Not sure if it's my phone or the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by oascom View Post
                I got some errors loading pages with lots of pics for past few days. Not sure if it's my phone or the forum.
                That's hard to tell with that error message, could well be a local cache issue, can be a time out too but it's not the usual time out message so I couldn't really say unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

That's hard to tell with that error message, could well be a local cache issue, can be a time out too but it's not the usual time out message so I couldn't really say unfortunately
                  If i scroll thru thread slowly (thread with lots of pics) I'm ok but if I move a bit faster it gives me this error.

Never had this before but I have new phone so this might be the issue (note 20 ultra)

Comment

If i scroll thru thread slowly (thread with lots of pics) I'm ok but if I move a bit faster it gives me this error.

Never had this before but I have new phone so this might be the issue (note 20 ultra)
                    It look like a local issue as the server don't use "lazy loading" meaning the page is fully loaded when you browse it, so the speed at which you browse can't have an impact.

Maybe worth testing another web browser, Samsung Browser is usually good but give a try to Chrome or Firefox to see if it's better

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

It look like a local issue as the server don't use "lazy loading" meaning the page is fully loaded when you browse it, so the speed at which you browse can't have an impact.

Maybe worth testing another web browser, Samsung Browser is usually good but give a try to Chrome or Firefox to see if it's better
                      I use chrome actually, I'll try different ones. Thanks

Comment

I use chrome actually, I'll try different ones. Thanks
                        On Samsung device I really like Samsung Web browser, follow closely Chrome releases and it follow some styling implemented on RWI, if you choose to make the status bar of the phone disappear while browsing, you'll have a very "app like" experience of the forum

Comment

Our last change has definitely improved conditions on the forum. Hopefully people are feeling it in a positive way.

Comment

Maybe I can suggest some IT guy for you to do some optimizations? Site sometimes is extremely slow, especially via Tapatalk - might take a few minutes just to reply to a message.
                            YourWatch.io

Comment

It's actually a tad faster - but not a big margin for me. It went from 30 seconds loading time of the main page to around 27 seconds (without the site being in my cache).
                              My Internet shouldn't make any problems though
                              I'm working in the graphic and webdesign business so I tought I'd look into it - I never really worked with vBulletin but I think maybe more eyes would help.

I made some checks:

So my internet is not the issue

Afterwards I made a Google PageSpeed Test

So as you can see the test for Desktop is not good, but not horrible either but the Mobile one is awful.
                              I don't know if that is the reasoning why Tapatalk has such issues - but as far as I've researched Tapatalk is using the vBulletin API so normally that shouldn't do a issue but I can't know for sure of course.

So after these steps and some thinking I've came to a conclusion which possibly could help you:

1. Have you tried installing LiteSpeed for your servers? It is a really powerful extension which increases loadtimes by a whole lot.
                              I googled and found that it also works with vBulletin but don't quote me on that since the post on LiteSpeed was from 2011

2. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the webserver - what about your database?
                              I'd guess that the database is huge and could be a bottleneck if not powerful enough.

3. If it isn't the database and you can't or don't want to use LiteSpeed what about a CDN? That could possibly speed things up
                              Last edited by cool1o; 12-01-21, 10:42. Reason: addition

Comment

Working...
                              X