Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance event - 17/12/2020

Hi people !

Following the Clickpix upgrade, we are doing some server work today the 17/12 during the afternoon (GMT)

This should be a pretty short event, but we might come up and down during the load up of the server with people connecting to it.

Once the event is finished, we will post an update for it here.

Thank you for your patience

Cheers

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow !!
    'My reps all take a lickin' but keep on ticking!' Bravo! A Rolex owner is never late. Even if he is late, he is still not late. RWI . Such a lovely place....... This could be Heaven or this could be Hell. We are all just prisoners here, of our own device. Relax, we are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like. But you can never leave.... Paperless Billing : "Sign up to get your bill online and save a tree"..... well my answer to that is : "Stop using toilet paper now and save thousands of trees Bozo ! "

Comment

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

Comment

Update :

As expected we are coming up & down for testing purposes.

Bear with us while we adjust some setting to troubleshoot some of the forum sluggishness you experience sometimes

Comment

Glaude PM’s are not sending mate I’m assuming this is to do with the update?
          WANT TO BUY:

Phong/MQ 6263 case set

MQ or Ivan 6263 Black big red dial

Phong or MQ 727 chronograph bridge

Comment

Originally posted by bill33 View Post
            Glaude PM’s are not sending mate I’m assuming this is to do with the update?
            You must have been caught in the middle of a server change, I just tried to send a test PM and it worked, please try again and report back if you are not able to send one, thanks a lot !

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post
              You must have been caught in the middle of a server change, I just tried to send a test PM and it worked, please try again and report back if you are not able to send one, thanks a lot !
              Yes working now, I just sent you a test PM and it went straight through. Cheers.
              WANT TO BUY:

Phong/MQ 6263 case set

MQ or Ivan 6263 Black big red dial

Phong or MQ 727 chronograph bridge

Comment

Thank you for the update and the work you do here. Much appreciated!

Comment

Update :

This maintenance event is considered to be done, you shouldn't get any more maintenance message or server coming down until further notice here.

To give a bit more detail, this maintenance purpose was to test a different type of server with different hardware, we tried 3 different configuration in this short laps of time, which showed us that we are now able to move and switch server without any data loss and in a matter of minutes.

We are now pretty certain that the sluggishness felt in some busy section of the forum and the various error message that come with them are the result of this badly optimized version of Vbulletin.

Starting an update process will be our next steps in the upcoming months.

For the technically minded : we tested a 8 CPU, then 16 CPU, then 32 CPU with in the end up to 192 Gb of RAM (this is for only one of our server !)

Nothing hardware wise that we threw at Vbulletin made a difference, it all come down on how SQL queries are written in this particular version of the software.

We did end up with a better configuration and will now watch to see how the forum behave on issue that were not visible to end users but it's unlikely that this will change anything for busy area like Rolex subforum, M2M

Thanks to all for your patience and have a happy end of the year

Comment

Ok, we likely are done for the day. Glaude detailed everything above. Thanks for being patient with all the ups and downs.
                    THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

Originally posted by cpd2186 View Post
                      Causing trouble again, huh?
                      Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
                      I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

Very nice Glaude. It always excites me to see the billygoat with a construction hat.

Siggy By: Wingnut

Looking for a Franken Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm/ or gen parts.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                          Very nice Glaude. It always excites me to see the billygoat with a construction hat.
                          Props to AmericanWookie who did most if not all the work here !

And the goat is also present at the bottom of the page, but is kind of pissed to have to wear that santa hat in the cold !

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Props to AmericanWookie who did most if not all the work here !

And the goat is also present at the bottom of the page, but is kind of pissed to have to wear that santa hat in the cold !
                            Thats because goats worship the devil.

Siggy By: Wingnut

Looking for a Franken Omega Planet Ocean 45.5mm/ or gen parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post

Causing trouble again, huh?
                              Look, I dont have a huge set of KP boobs to look at so I have to do whatever I can to get attention....

Those are a beautiful set to look at..........
                              "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

Comment

Working...
                              X