Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unplanned maintenance - 27/05/2020 & CHROME ISSUE

Hi guys,

EDIT: (daytona4me) IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME, YOU MAY RECEIVE "INVALID SERVER RESPONSE". YOUR POST WAS MADE, BUT WE ARE TRYING TO DIAGNOSE WHY YOU ARE RECEIVING THIS PROBLEM.

First of all, sorry for this unplanned outage and the next one that followed.

As many of you have noticed and informed us, the last two days have been pretty hectic in terms of lag on the forum, barely able to post messages anywhere.

We decided to investigate a bit further and do things that you wouldn't normally do on a live website. This pushed us to turn the forum off for a moment since it was unusable anyway.

We then decided to change our hardware to help improve the big lag spikes we've been suffering recently and the moderate lag we've been suffering since a long time.

This operation took the whole day, as nothing ever turns out like you expect too, even if you did it countless time.

We are now back up and running, on a much stronger infrastructure BUT we are missing two things that will be added in the next day : our speed optimizer & the sphinx search engine.

This has for consequences that you can still experience some lagging and maybe some errors and that the search system is back to it's useless self before we changed it, use google instead.

As you saw also today, on the 28/05/2020, this resulted in another crash of the server, the server was running in an unstable way, and ended up crashing. We rebuilt it and we are now looking to improve it.
    Keep in mind, that we can't guarantee in any shape or form the stability of the new server.

Thanks for having some indulgence with us for this unplanned operation and for the upcoming days of ironing out the new system. If you guys feels that all of this is a bother and a pain, just imagine how much it is for us, working tirelessly on it and having in mind the amount of people disappointed because they can't use their favorite platform.

Cheers & Enjoy RWI

Ok folks, we are going live with a known bug.

When using GOOGLE CHROME , you will get "Invalid Server Response". If you refresh you will see that your post was actually made. We dont know why you are receiving this error but we are working on it.
    THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

Appreciate all the work you've been doing on this.

Hopefully the rebuild proves stable, and allows you to make the further improvements intended.

As a side not, i've been working with PHP/LEMP stacks professionally for ~ 8 years so if there is anything i can do to help i would take a look tiem permitting!

Thanks again

Comment

The shout box died!

Comment

Thanks to Glaude and all those working to get things up and running again!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaleM View Post
            The shout box died!
            There's a shoutbox!?
            Last edited by Goon3r; 29-05-20, 16:50.

Comment

Welcome back everyone and a warm thank you for all who worked hard to make to forum up and running again!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon3r View Post
                Appreciate all the work you've been doing on this.

Hopefully the rebuild proves stable, and allows you to make the further improvements intended.

As a side not, i've been working with PHP/LEMP stacks professionally for ~ 8 years so if there is anything i can do to help i would take a look tiem permitting!

Thanks again
                I'll be in touch. We could possibly use some help. Thank you.

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

The shout box died!
                  Sadly, It is broken bad from the last move earlier this year. It's on the list but the Rona has hit and the free time most have, our techs dont, they are working overtime in real life. We want to get that fixed and will be seeking some help.

Comment

The shout box died!
                    RIP shoutbox

SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

I propose to help as well if needed.
                      php knowledge for more than 15 years, system admin (Linux) for about the same amount of years. I now manage the technical team of a small ISP in Belgium.
                      i could also give you some ressource like a VM if needed.
                      i also speak french like Glaude if I’m correct
                      REP:
                      Rolex Daytona
                      116500LN Noob v3 Franken with gen crystal and gasket
                      Rolex Datejust 126334 Rhodium ARF v2 (in transit)
                      Rolex Explorer 214270 Raffles

GEN :
                      Longines Master Collection Chronographe L2.759.4.78.3

Comment

Thanks G2 and the whole team.
                        "Did mcbigmac stole a watch from me?" -oascom
                        founder and member of The Official RWI Planet Ocean Club and the RWI Seamaster Club.
                        siggy by WingNut

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thanks Glaude and the Glaudette's

Comment

Yeah, thanks for all the work guys in getting things back up and running :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X