Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unplanned maintenance - 27/05/2020 & CHROME ISSUE

Hi guys,

EDIT: (daytona4me) IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME, YOU MAY RECEIVE "INVALID SERVER RESPONSE". YOUR POST WAS MADE, BUT WE ARE TRYING TO DIAGNOSE WHY YOU ARE RECEIVING THIS PROBLEM.

First of all, sorry for this unplanned outage and the next one that followed.

As many of you have noticed and informed us, the last two days have been pretty hectic in terms of lag on the forum, barely able to post messages anywhere.

We decided to investigate a bit further and do things that you wouldn't normally do on a live website. This pushed us to turn the forum off for a moment since it was unusable anyway.

We then decided to change our hardware to help improve the big lag spikes we've been suffering recently and the moderate lag we've been suffering since a long time.

This operation took the whole day, as nothing ever turns out like you expect too, even if you did it countless time.

We are now back up and running, on a much stronger infrastructure BUT we are missing two things that will be added in the next day : our speed optimizer & the sphinx search engine.

This has for consequences that you can still experience some lagging and maybe some errors and that the search system is back to it's useless self before we changed it, use google instead.

As you saw also today, on the 28/05/2020, this resulted in another crash of the server, the server was running in an unstable way, and ended up crashing. We rebuilt it and we are now looking to improve it.
    Keep in mind, that we can't guarantee in any shape or form the stability of the new server.

Thanks for having some indulgence with us for this unplanned operation and for the upcoming days of ironing out the new system. If you guys feels that all of this is a bother and a pain, just imagine how much it is for us, working tirelessly on it and having in mind the amount of people disappointed because they can't use their favorite platform.

Cheers & Enjoy RWI

• Glaude
    replied
    Unfortunately the console only give out "client" side informations, we are pretty we know where the issue is, we just need to allocate time to fix it, as we don't want to crash everything if we do it in a rush but thanks for the info here

Leave a comment:

• Tomeng01
    replied
    Hey Glaude! I know you are working on this, but hopeful this is helpful. I still can't post a large review post (been trying since May). I keep getting the same parse error. I opened console hoping that might be helpful. Tried on Chrome and Safari. Both fail, but with slightly different messages. Maybe there's a clue? Not complaining, just want to be helpful.

Thanks for your hard work to keep this place going :-)

Leave a comment:

• APjumbo
    replied
    I fixed it.
    Signed out of chrome and deleted history/data, signed back in.
    All working again.
    Maybe it was a bookmark or history data hanging it up.
    Maybe chrome doesn't like the same bookmark refreshed over 1000 times per month.

Leave a comment:

• Glaude
    replied
    Originally posted by APjumbo View Post
    It goes to that page only on chrome iOS app
    Safari or Firefox on mobile IOS app are not showing that ?

Leave a comment:

• APjumbo
    replied
    That’s correct
    It goes to that page only on chrome iOS app
    the strap central page and WTT page work fine but the rep sales section goes to the support page.
    safari works fine.

Happens on multiple devices
    Last edited by APjumbo; 30-06-20, 14:23.

Leave a comment:

• Glaude
    replied
    Originally posted by APjumbo View Post
    I realize you guys are working hard to fix issues.
    not sure if this is the right place but I have been getting this page pop up the last few days. Thought I would mention it.
    only on mobile chrome and only the sales page it seems. Did I wear it out?
    Access works fine from safari or desktop
    I haven’t read of anyone else with this issue.
    You are getting this page right now with chrome mobile ?

Leave a comment:

• APjumbo
    replied
    I realize you guys are working hard to fix issues.
    not sure if this is the right place but I have been getting this page pop up the last few days. Thought I would mention it.
    only on mobile chrome and only the sales page it seems. Did I wear it out?
    Access works fine from safari or desktop
    I haven’t read of anyone else with this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Glaude
    replied
    Originally posted by Lpbeaudyy View Post
    Hi guy , i want the best replica of Audemars Piguet who can help me
    A trusted dealer will help you ... Wrong section to ask, wrong question to post

Leave a comment:

• Lpbeaudyy
    replied
    Hi guy , i want the best replica of Audemars Piguet who can help me

Leave a comment:

• Omagad
    replied
    Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Big threads like that can't be edited at the moment, they'll throw the error no matter what you do, we think we have located the source of the issue and we are trying to allocate time to fix them, so it's just a bit of a waiting game for the moment.
    Sorry for the inconvenience
    No worries, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Glaude
    replied
    Originally posted by Omagad View Post

Hey mate.

I've been trying to edit the Super Rep list lately but I get this error:

"Error information: " 0 parsererror SyntaxError: JSON.parse Error: Invalid character at position:9""

I tried on Chrome, Firefox and Edge, same error everywhere.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you!
    Big threads like that can't be edited at the moment, they'll throw the error no matter what you do, we think we have located the source of the issue and we are trying to allocate time to fix them, so it's just a bit of a waiting game for the moment.
    Sorry for the inconvenience

Leave a comment:

• Omagad
    replied
    Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Huh ?

Couple of updates :

- We know that there's currently an issue with Firefox (and perhaps other browsers) returning a JSON error while posting, especially if there's the mention (@username) of multiple users in it, currently you won't be able to post with multiple user mentioned.
    - The issue with Chrome returning an Invalid Server Response is not coming from us, but from chrome, I triple checked that info, they have already done a fix that should come in version 84 or 85 current version being 83. For those wanting to confirm it's simple : load version 82 or go into the canary release of chrome and try version 85, you shouldn't have any issue with this error message.
    - The RWI Help desk is being moved to the new server, so a little more patience and it'll be available again.
    - So far, speed and server load are very stable.

About those previous issue, of course we are working on a fix for those we are responsible, but in the meantime please always do the following :
    - When posting and getting a error message, copy the content of the message, then refresh the page to see if the message posted (for the thread, you will to go to the thread list, as refreshing will show you a new empty thread creation page), if and only if the thread / message has not posted, attempt to post it again by pasting the previously copied content (this will save you time and also for the mod team as they won't have to clean multiple identical messages).

If you have anything out of those issue happening to you, please send me a PM about it, we obviously can't know about everything

Thanks for the support & enjoy RWI
    Hey mate.

I've been trying to edit the Super Rep list lately but I get this error:

"Error information: " 0 parsererror SyntaxError: JSON.parse Error: Invalid character at position:9""

I tried on Chrome, Firefox and Edge, same error everywhere.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• tsyeo4
    replied
    I am not sure if this will help. I notice when I used chrome I will have errors uploading a new post.

Thus, I noticed when I post a new post using only words with no picture link attached is all good.
    Thus, I add my sale pictures hyperlinks after the sale post.

My guess there is some issues mixing the picr hyperlinks with the description of the sale text.

I hope this will help the other members in posting the sale post.

Thank you all. Peace out.

Leave a comment:

• Glaude
    replied
    Originally posted by Xilikon View Post
    Tried some search today and it returned zero results even if keywords is not special (case refinish or case restoration)... Guess indexing is still borked ?
    Fucked up is a better word for it, but we are working on that, we think the error is somewhere else than with the index itself

Leave a comment:

Working...
X