Unplanned maintenance - 27/05/2020 & CHROME ISSUE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiddo View Post

That's Great! People tell me I need lots of help......
    Nothing can help yu my friend, 'tis but a lost cause.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

I have also noticed that mobile browsers (Firefox and Safari) are both rather "iffy" when posting. I generally blame the browser though as they tend to be flaky.

Comment

Is anyone having search issues, I find i hard to believe in the strap sale section there isnt one result for the word "Omega"

Comment

Still having issues with Spinx Search guys, darn thing just won't index correctly and when it does it crashes memcache and the lads need to start over.

Originally posted by RDRoss View Post
          I have also noticed that mobile browsers (Firefox and Safari) are both rather "iffy" when posting. I generally blame the browser though as they tend to be flaky.
          Yeah mobile browsers can be an issue, I haven't come across issues with Safari on the iPad but I don't use it that much either. Glaude is trying to find time to tweak the mobile skin further but like everything else it's on a priority list.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
          hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
          When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

As trailboss noted, the random short downtime is due to us testing the indexing for searching the site which sometimes results in the site crashing. Sorry guys, just trying get everything to work the way it should.
            THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

I have tried everything but definitely i am no more able to post a sale
              Is there anything to do or maybe do i have to wait for some updates from the server ?

Comment

Originally posted by themannier View Post
                Is there anything to do or maybe do i have to wait for some updates from the server ?
                I've had problems posting sales too.

I got it to post... by removing any tags no @

Remove all pictures.

Just start fresh, do the sales form, do not edit anything. Just fill in the required things, don't copy and paste. Start fresh.
                Fill in description.

Then second post, just add in the images.

3rd post tagged...

I've done 2 sales posts like this now and its worked. If I add a tag or add image url in the same ... it JSON errors.

So hopefully just split your post into 3 as I say and it should work. Don't tag HVS either, that ruins it. Use your third post to tag the HVS approval.
                SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

Is tapa a better experience right now over chrome mobile?

Comment

What do you mean by "iffy" exactly, while doing some work on the mobile theme, I haven't noticed any weird behavior from Chrome mobile or Samsung mobile browser

Originally posted by themannier View Post
                    As you can see by the still impressive number of sales being posted, this issue seems pretty rare, of course it has nothing to do with something you are doing wrong, the problem is indeed on our side, but following the good tips given by Sonofalich will maybe help you

Originally posted by Pixlputterman View Post
                    Is tapa a better experience right now over chrome mobile?
                    In general Tapa will never be a better experience over the mobile version, and especially now as our log indicate that a lot of the error encountered are coming from the Tapatalk connector

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

What do you mean by "iffy" exactly, while doing some work on the mobile theme, I haven't noticed any weird behavior from Chrome mobile or Samsung mobile browser

As you can see by the still impressive number of sales being posted, this issue seems pretty rare, of course it has nothing to do with something you are doing wrong, the problem is indeed on our side, but following the good tips given by Sonofalich will maybe help you

In general Tapa will never be a better experience over the mobile version, and especially now as our log indicate that a lot of the error encountered are coming from the Tapatalk connector
                      Random timeouts and the dropdown menu was not visible

Comment

Random timeouts and the dropdown menu was not visible
                        Timeouts perhaps had been while we were testing something, but menu not visible was probably at the time the cache was not synced with the last changes I made to the mobile theme

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

I've had problems posting sales too.

Remove all pictures.

Just start fresh, do the sales form, do not edit anything. Just fill in the required things, don't copy and paste. Start fresh.
                          Fill in description.

Then second post, just add in the images.

3rd post tagged...

I've done 2 sales posts like this now and its worked. If I add a tag or add image url in the same ... it JSON errors.

So hopefully just split your post into 3 as I say and it should work. Don't tag HVS either, that ruins it. Use your third post to tag the HVS approval.
                          Thank you mate for your kind help ! I hope i will be able to do that

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Those seemed to work. I started a thread on the issue I was having and found this after.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

This works, for reference when trying to tag a user I get the following error message
                              ​​​​​​
                              Error information: " 0 parsererror SyntaxError: Unexpected token P in JSON at position 8"

Comment

Hi guys, I'm getting "Invalid server response" on safari too :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X