Unplanned maintenance - 27/05/2020 & CHROME ISSUE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Octobrist View Post
    The only downside is the lost of search engine.
    Its not lost tts just reindexing, be back any day now.

Originally posted by Hesekiel View Post
    I wonder when we may see the HELP Desk opening again.
    ​​​​​​​More than likely to

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Originally posted by Tompa View Post

I get that on my iPhone all the time.(tapa talk) but when refresh its there

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit
      Everything that happen on Tapatalk have nothing to do with us, they use their way of retrieving, displaying and posting content, and any error from their app, is an issue with their app.
      Even if you don't get this issue on other community with tapatalk support, doesn't mean that there's not something from the app, each forum run on a different server configuration, etc...

Tapatalk support is pretty great and fast, I suggest you contact them about this, since this even started way before the last maintenance If I recall correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Everything that happen on Tapatalk have nothing to do with us, they use their way of retrieving, displaying and posting content, and any error from their app, is an issue with their app.
        Even if you don't get this issue on other community with tapatalk support, doesn't mean that there's not something from the app, each forum run on a different server configuration, etc...

Tapatalk support is pretty great and fast, I suggest you contact them about this, since this even started way before the last maintenance If I recall correctly
        Thanks buddy! Yes it has been like that for months, now Im so used to it so i dont even think about it no more But i will contact them. Thanks for your great work. You guys are awsome

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Comment

speed has improved but search is still not working for me. Is search still not fixed yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jam_27 View Post
            speed has improved but search is still not working for me. Is search still not fixed yet?
            The search is having to re-index. You can search new posts easily, but the old ones not so much. Hopefully eventually it does index them eventually, it just has a large large backlog of posts to go through I guess.

I'm wondering if you can cheese the system to. do the following..

I want people to see my feedback, it helps with sales, therefore to do this if I go find all my feedbacks and post a new post in each of them, it'll force the re-index of the search on that. But whether or not I can be bothered is another thing...
            SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

Originally posted by jam_27 View Post
              Nope search not fixed yet, there's an issue with Sphinx communicating with the database, without that, it's not possible to re-index the site, we are working on it.

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post
              I'm wondering if you can cheese the system to. do the following..

I want people to see my feedback, it helps with sales, therefore to do this if I go find all my feedbacks and post a new post in each of them, it'll force the re-index of the search on that. But whether or not I can be bothered is another thing...
              I don't think you'll be able to cheat the system, since Sphinx is having trouble with the database, it's just not reindexing anything at the moment. Sphinx index building is fast, when it'll be fixed, it's a matter of maximum 2 hours to have everything indexed properly.

Comment

I don't think you'll be able to cheat the system, since Sphinx is having trouble with the database, it's just not reindexing anything at the moment. Sphinx index building is fast, when it'll be fixed, it's a matter of maximum 2 hours to have everything indexed properly.
                Ah fair enough, thanks for the info

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

Originally posted by Hesekiel View Post
                  I wonder when we may see the HELP Desk opening again. I've been trying to post in the For Sale section since May 26 and get the same error message over and over. I've tried everything and I'm pretty frustrated. I would update to Patron or Ubersupporter if I could post again. Help!
                  What is happening when you attempt to post to the for sale section?
                  Can you try a different browser?
                  THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

Can't answer that, as it triggers a new error message.

There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff has been notified.

And I can't PM you as that is a no-go as well.
                    Last edited by Hesekiel; 05-06-20, 01:23.

Comment

Update :

Chrome has decided to roll up a very discreet update, Version 83.0.4103.97, this update fix the "Invalid server response" error that was being shown on RWI for almost any action.

To update Chrome, you can follow this guide : https://support.google.com/chrome/an...sktop&hl=en-GB

In case your version is not 83.0.4103.97 but Chrome is still displayed as being "up to date" you can reboot your computer to trigger another check of the version.

We still have some random JSON error to take care as well as the moving of the Help Desk and the fix of the search engine, but we are working on that

Cheers

Comment

Update :

We still have some random JSON error to take care as well as the moving of the Help Desk and the fix of the search engine, but we are working on that

Cheers
                        Not sure if this helps Glaude, but most of my JSON errors come from when I try to tag people in the posts... I can quote fine, but quite often I cant use the @ tag without it causing a JSON.
                        But it's intermittent... sometimes I can tag, sometimes I can't. So strange.

Edit: for example I originally tagged you in this... but I couldn't post it. I removed your tag... boom can post.
                        Last edited by Sonofalich; 05-06-20, 15:53.

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

Not sure if this helps Glaude, but most of my JSON errors come from when I try to tag people in the posts... I can quote fine, but quite often I cant use the @ tag without it causing a JSON.
                          But it's intermittent... sometimes I can tag, sometimes I can't. So strange.

Edit: for example I originally tagged you in this... but I couldn't post it. I removed your tag... boom can post.
                          This doesn't help because we already know it but this help because you confirm that it's a general issue, although I'm able to quote one person in a post usually, but not 100 % of the time

Thanks for the report

Comment

Testing Chrome version 83.0.4109.97

edit: Posted without error. No "Invalid Server Response".

THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

To prevent Daytona4me from announcing it before me : the RWI Help Desk is back online

Cheers guys

Comment

To prevent Daytona4me from announcing it before me : the RWI Help Desk is back online

Cheers guys
                                That's Great! People tell me I need lots of help......

Comment

Working...
                                X