Unplanned maintenance - 27/05/2020 & CHROME ISSUE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone for your hard work.
    I was more worried about RWI than I have been about Coronavirus!

Comment

Thanks everyone and sorry for all this inconvenience.

For those that offered to help, I'll be in touch with you in PM in a short while.

For those that communicated your support : a BIG thank you.

For those missing messages : everything done between the last night and the next break up in the morning is gone, you just have to contact your seller/buyer again

You may have noticed that mentioning a user in a post currently produce an error, for the meantime, don't mention user to post.

We are still in the ironing out phase, but we knew how you lot where missing the place, so as soon as we had something somewhat stable we decided to go live in order to have a more real world appreciation of the server upgrade.

Currently minus the few minor bugs, it's very very fast, the sale area is one area being slow, but that is due to how Vb is working, there's too much threads in that area and we will be working on a cleanup & move of the most older thread there, that should help with speed.

I want everyone to say a massive thank you to AmericanWookie, who has been responsible, almost alone, for this whole operation being possible and if you have a forum live now, it's thanks to him.

We will keep this thread updated with any development, but as always, even if the vital process are running fine at the moment, we are still working some things out, and those could sometime require a little downtime, don't be surprised if that happen, but we will try to notify you before hand

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post
        Thanks everyone and sorry for all this inconvenience.

For those that offered to help, I'll be in touch with you in PM in a short while.

For those that communicated your support : a BIG thank you.

For those missing messages : everything done between the last night and the next break up in the morning is gone, you just have to contact your seller/buyer again

You may have noticed that mentioning a user in a post currently produce an error, for the meantime, don't mention user to post.

We are still in the ironing out phase, but we knew how you lot where missing the place, so as soon as we had something somewhat stable we decided to go live in order to have a more real world appreciation of the server upgrade.

Currently minus the few minor bugs, it's very very fast, the sale area is one area being slow, but that is due to how Vb is working, there's too much threads in that area and we will be working on a cleanup & move of the most older thread there, that should help with speed.

I want everyone to say a massive thank you to AmericanWookie, who has been responsible, almost alone, for this whole operation being possible and if you have a forum live now, it's thanks to him.

We will keep this thread updated with any development, but as always, even if the vital process are running fine at the moment, we are still working some things out, and those could sometime require a little downtime, don't be surprised if that happen, but we will try to notify you before hand

Cheers
        We should change his name to the Wookster !

Hes a OG Gangster wookie !
        QFOAHDT

Comment

Awesome work guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Goon3r View Post
            Just a quick one from me for the developers.

It may be unrelated, but seems lile it could be the cause of the form submit issues in chrome.

Theres a problem with how ajaxSubmit works in jquery-form on chrome 83 when submitting into iframes.

More on depth discussion here: https://www.drupal.org/project/drupal/issues/3138421

Looking at that thread, seems like it shoild be fixed in Chrome 84 if you want to wait rather than patch vb.
            Indeed that would appear to be the Chrome issue, thanks for that. We are far from the only ones with the problem from the looks of it.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
            hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
            When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Thanks guys looks like forum works actually faster than before.
              ( Hardware upgrade woohooo)

​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks for all your hard work guys. Very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by oascom View Post
                  Thanks guys looks like forum works actually faster than before.
                  ( Hardware upgrade woohooo)

​​​​​​
                  Yes indeed, it's much much faster, we currently have 7193 users online, which is an overall record if we exclude the time we got hit by a DDoS attempt with 20 000 users. With the previous configuration, server was starting to lag at around 5200 users online

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Yes indeed, it's much much faster, we currently have 7193 users online, which is an overall record if we exclude the time we got hit by a DDoS attempt with 20 000 users. With the previous configuration, server was starting to lag at around 5200 users online
                    It was sometimes laggy af. But it really fly right now.

Much better experience browsing threads and stuff.

Market section is still laggy but I'm sure after the cleanup will be nice.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by oascom View Post

It was sometimes laggy af. But it really fly right now.

Much better experience browsing threads and stuff.

Market section is still laggy but I'm sure after the cleanup will be nice.

Thanks again
                      You summed it pretty well

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thank you guys for the hard work...
                          My Rep Collection:

Rolex SD43
                          Panerai 605, 372, 243, 087, 064 & 1389
                          Audemars Piguet ROO Sebastien Buemi, Navy, Safari, 57th Street, Montauk Highway & Sincere

Comment

Thank you mods and admins for all the hardwork ! finally getting my dose of RWI again after a 2 day cold turkey.

This is why members should support RWI ! so we can have better hardware and UI/UX
                            Thinning collection sale:
                            Modded Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Rose Gold Novelty 44mm
                            JF Audemars Piguet Panda Novelty 44mm Royal Oak Offshore
                            TF 15400 Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Black Dial
                            JF V2 RG 15400 Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
                            Assorted straps and watch parts for Rolex, Tudor, AP and many more
                            Panerai, Hublot, Rolex, Seiko And Many More Straps Galore

Comment

Going to bring site down for 10-15 minutes for a quick change
                              THE FORUM IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!

Guanaco on 4chan... "It's like putting a few puppies and a few butterflies with some rose petals into a blender and pushing the 'puree' button while videotaping it"

Comment

3 cheers for RWI admin !
                                Amazingly smooth now. Thanks for making our experience here better everyday. The work you guys put in is unbelievable and i want to thank you all

Comment

Working...
                                X