Sales Approval Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales Approval Thread

Effective immediately, the sales approval thread has been removed from the forum .

Please make your sales posting and wait for one of the sales team to approve the sale .

DO NOT BUY OR SELL IN A SALE THAT HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED , YOU WILL KNOW ITS BEEN APPROVED WHEN ONE OF THE STAFF POSTS "APPROVED" IN THE SALES POST OR YOU SEE
    [FOR SALE] IN THE TITLE
    QFOAHDT

Comment

Comment

Yes sir!!

Comment

thanks for the headsup
          Last edited by nunu78; 19-05-20, 00:39.

Comment

one thing which could be looked into, SalesBot is buggy. At conclusion of sale, it randomly changes status to [SOLD], even when notified.

I mention this, with my limited experience on selling, for high demand models, PMs keep coming in well after (say 1-2d) after listing is marked as sold! A possible temptation for those not so scrupulous.

Comment

Originally posted by r0b9502 View Post
              one thing which could be looked into, SalesBot is buggy. At conclusion of sale, it randomly changes status to [SOLD], even when notified.

I mention this, with my limited experience on selling, for high demand models, PMs keep coming in well after (say 1-2d) after listing is marked as sold! A possible temptation for those not so scrupulous.
              we are trying to work on that , it is in the works
              QFOAHDT

Comment

Originally posted by Raddave View Post

we are trying to work on that , it is in the works
                Thanks buddy, I am sure you and your guys are always on top of improving stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by r0b9502 View Post

Dude the sales bot has worked in years, it worked on a previous platform and is not compatible with vB5 thus requires a complete rewrite. All sales are marked sold manually by our hard working volunteer staff.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                  ************************************************** *************
                  hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                  When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

Dude the sales bot has worked in years, it worked on a previous platform and is not compatible with vB5 thus requires a complete rewrite. All sales are marked sold manually by our hard working volunteer staff.
                    I sorta guessed so. Raddave marked one of my sales as sold, quickly, JasonX didnt mark the next - just because he doesnt like me

Cheers to the staff!

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

As TB said.

When I mark the threads sold, I do so without posting that I did so it doesn’t bump a sold thread over an active unsold one. I do it so it helps with keeping the active unsold listings in plain view for prospective sellers and it doesn’t get pushed into the other pages of the sales section

Might look like it’s SalesBot but it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Did mcbigmac stole a watch from me?" -oascom
                      founder and member of The Official RWI Planet Ocean Club and the RWI Seamaster Club.
                      siggy by WingNut

Comment

I really think you guys are doing an awesome job on watching and managing all these sales here at RWI

Coming back to RWI from being a mod at your neighbor RG long ago, I know how hectic and stressful of a job this is.

The way you guys keep trying to raise the bar on approving sales and keeping the strict rules in place for safe trade for both sellers and buyers, first seemed a little over the top to be honest and made me think "is this all really necessary?"

........that was about an year ago when I first came back.....

But now after being back here for about an year, I feel much safer and secure doing trade here.

And now, I find myself doing all my buying and selling only at RWI.

So I thank you guys again for all your hard work.

And you guys all do this for the love of your hobby and forum. Kudos to you!

Comment

Working...
                        X