No announcement yet.

New Addition to The Sales Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro.... Wow I didn't even know people were doing this. Can't trust anyone anymore. Everyone is just out for a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
      It does appear that way yes. It shouldn't be tho should it?
      It shouldn't be, but people are unpredictable lol

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Thanks fot that!

Comment

I'm new to the forum, having said that, I don't understand why anyone would buy a gen and put an Asian or other rep movement inside it, seems counter productive. Sounds like a good rule, sad it's necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Dude View Post
            I'm new to the forum, having said that, I don't understand why anyone would buy a gen and put an Asian or other rep movement inside it, .....
            If you get a bargain gen because of a broken movement ( replacement cost $ 2.5 to 3 k ) and you install an affordable $ 200 rep movement .... wouldn't you do this ?

Comment

Originally posted by loewenzahn View Post

If you get a bargain gen because of a broken movement ( replacement cost $ 2.5 to 3 k ) and you install an affordable $ 200 rep movement .... wouldn't you do this ?
              Definitely can do this...unless you are trying to trick the next unsuspecting person and make profit.

Comment

Flipside is - where do you think the 1560 or 15xx movement comes from for your super franken 1680 project? It's going to always be from a 1500 or 1501...

We have some amazing builders on this forum, but none of them are doing it for free... I don't see it as a massive problem when someone can get a beautiful 1601 all gen except for the movement, for a decent price, and the movement goes to a different franken. Unless I've missed the point.
                Last edited by josh676; 20-03-20, 10:42.

Comment

Originally posted by loewenzahn View Post

yes but that's not what is happening, people are buying working healthy DJs and removing the MVT for resale and throwing a SH3135 is there then flogging it off with box and papers.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                  ************************************************** *************
                  hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                  When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Originally posted by josh676 View Post
                    Flipside is - where do you think the 1560 or 15xx movement comes from for your super franken 1680 project? It's going to always be from a 1500 or 1501...

We have some amazing builders on this forum, but none of them are doing it for free... I don't see it as a massive problem when someone can get a beautiful 1601 all gen except for the movement, for a decent price, and the movement goes to a different franken. Unless I've missed the point.
                    You really have missed the point.

Comment

Originally posted by josh676 View Post
                      Unless I've missed the point.
                      Completely

************************************************** ********
                      People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                      ************************************************** *************
                      hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                      ************************************************** ********
                      When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Lol I re read it and get it now.

Comment

I’ve been watching the sales threads on RWI pretty obsessively for the past year+, but can’t say I’ve noticed any watches for sale that match the description of “all gen except the movement”. So I guess this is something happening outside of the forum, and trailboss is preemptively introducing the rule? Or have I missed this happening round here?

Whatever, it’s a really shady practice and good to see it being addressed here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
                            I’ve been watching the sales threads on RWI pretty obsessively for the past year+, but can’t say I’ve noticed any watches for sale that match the description of “all gen except the movement”. So I guess this is something happening outside of the forum, and trailboss is preemptively introducing the rule? Or have I missed this happening round here?

Whatever, it’s a really shady practice and good to see it being addressed here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            You've missed it. There has been at least one case of attempted fraud with a forum member buying these 'all gen except movement' watches and passing them off as all genuine.

That member was obviously banned and reported to the Anti-Fraud squad in his country.
                            Last edited by tripdog; 21-03-20, 13:09.

Comment

Ah, right you are trip. Passed me by. Good to see this sort of scumbaggery getting dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for this clarification,Trailboss,which prove once again,that the imagination of crooks is limitless,and that we must remain vigilant.

Comment

Working...
                                X