New Addition to The Sales Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C Master View Post

Sales will as usual be reviewed on a case by case basis.

What BabaNJ and pompompurin do is certainly in keeping with the spirit of the hobby..
    Thanks for the clarification on this.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by DaleM View Post

I would buy gen watch put together with gen parts!
      Gensteins are still a thing and I do not see any problem with them. They rarely some up in M2M though.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
      There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
      ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The collection
      https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-january-2019

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
      Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Thank you

Comment

thank you for watching out and good rule..

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

Why? They're not free and are an upgrade. Otherwise, you wouldn't have people do it...
            IMHO, those tiny upgrades don't improve anything mechanically and cosmetically.
            https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/Bu...tch/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by efajri View Post

IMHO, those tiny upgrades don't improve anything mechanically and cosmetically.
              Then don't buy them? But don't expect people to give them to you for free, that logic is deeply flawed. I pay good money for gen spring-bars as they make SEL on some (not all) watches look better, and are considerably better quality. Considering there are these two tiny spring-bars that are holding your bracelet to your expensive franken/rep, I would want the best quality fixings available, not the cheapest.

I'll tell you now, you would be getting the ARF/NOOB versions from me, if you wanted to argue about the price.
              SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

Then don't buy them? But don't expect people to give them to you for free, that logic is deeply flawed. I pay good money for gen spring-bars as they make SEL on some (not all) watches look better, and are considerably better quality. Considering there are these two tiny spring-bars that are holding your bracelet to your expensive franken/rep, I would want the best quality fixings available, not the cheapest.

I'll tell you now, you would be getting the ARF/NOOB versions from me, if you wanted to argue about the price.
                I am sorry if I offended you, but that's my opinion, and you have yours.

Peace
                https://secure-ds.serving-sys.com/Bu...tch/index.html

Comment

So just to get this right, is it still allowed to sell a gen Box if it does not come with any papers?

Comment

Horology House has left the chat

In all seriousness thanks to the mods and everyone else for their efforts in keeping this place clean.
                    Last edited by Kwigyboo; 16-03-20, 20:51.

Comment

Great initiative! Indeed a huge increase in these in recent times.. easy buck to be made on inflated movement prices as well. But hurray for trying to diminish the likelihood of a poor sucker buying a gen just to find out that the movement is fake 6 years down the line.. gives us a bad rep and with good reason!
                      This is the ????

Comment

that is actually a good rule!!! a protect rule for us realy watch lover, not the one that just wanna scam people off !!! good see our community making effort to avoid such incident

Comment

Originally posted by Saul Goodman View Post
                          So just to get this right, is it still allowed to sell a gen Box if it does not come with any papers?
                          Yo can sell a gen box and papers if you must, just not with a rep or franken watch if the serials match.

************************************************** ********
                          People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                          ************************************************** *************
                          hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                          When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

This is a super necessary rule. Thanks for the hard work mods =)

Comment

Thanks for the update and all of your hard work

Comment

Originally posted by Tione12 View Post
                                This is a super necessary rule.
                                It does appear that way yes. It shouldn't be tho should it?

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                                ************************************************** *************
                                hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                                When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Working...
                                X