Sphinx Search is now a part of RWI!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sphinx Search is now a part of RWI!

For those of you in the IT game you will know that there is only one real name is the search game and that is Sphinx.
    Sphinx is what the world's most search intensive websites such as The Smithsonian, Craigslist, Joomla etc all use Sphinx for their search engine and nowso does RWI.
    Not only do we expect to see an improvement in overall site load speed (search engines play a much larger role behind the scenes than most people realise) but gfive it a couple of days for Sphinx to cache and your ability to search will ung=dergo as massive improvement.

This is just one of many site upgrades we have planned for the near to mid future so stay tuned as RWI gets better and better at providing you with the ultimate replica watch experience!

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Looking forward to this. It also explains why I cannot find stuff atm. Once it caches it should be a great resource.
    Last edited by C Master; 10-03-20, 16:28. Reason: Staff edit

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
    There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
    ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The collection
    https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...e-january-2019

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
    Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Sphinx is now fully up and running, but for those of you wondering "What the heck is this ?" and "Why don't they focus on fixing the lagging issues ?" Here's an explanation :

Sphinx is a search engine that doesn't rely so heavily on the database, in order to get some load back from the database, we opted for this search engine that is not only way more powerful and but also more efficient ressource wise.
      So this is a big step towards less server lag and with the added benefit of providing a better search engine.

For example, you can now use only 2 characters in your search (for example "LV") and you will get relevant results for this.

New search engine doesn't equal miracle, if you are not precise enough in your search term, you will still get irrelevant or too many results.

This is a way of providing users a visible improvement, we see and feel improvement on our tech changes, but you as an end user, might not see them immediately, so it's nice to give you guys some real feedback on the progresses made

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post
        Sphinx is now fully up and running, but for those of you wondering "What the heck is this ?" and "Why don't they focus on fixing the lagging issues ?" Here's an explanation :

Sphinx is a search engine that doesn't rely so heavily on the database, in order to get some load back from the database, we opted for this search engine that is not only way more powerful and but also more efficient ressource wise.
        So this is a big step towards less server lag and with the added benefit of providing a better search engine.

For example, you can now use only 2 characters in your search (for example "LV") and you will get relevant results for this.

New search engine doesn't equal miracle, if you are not precise enough in your search term, you will still get irrelevant or too many results.

This is a way of providing users a visible improvement, we see and feel improvement on our tech changes, but you as an end user, might not see them immediately, so it's nice to give you guys some real feedback on the progresses made

Enjoy
        QFOAHDT

Comment

Wow, I’d never heard of Sphinx before (clearly not in the IT game).

Great to hear though, I look forward to the new tech making things easier for us!

Thanks as always to the awesome guys that run all this stuff behind the curtains, we don’t see them at it, but we do see the benefits of their hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Enjoy
            Glaude you’re the man!!!!

This. Totally this.

Now I can finally search for TC, FGD, BK etc.... yeahhhhh.

Comment

Noice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Did mcbigmac stole a watch from me?" -oascom
              founder and member of The Official RWI Planet Ocean Club and the RWI Seamaster Club.
              siggy by WingNut

Comment

So how does it work guys? Just need to type in the search box like the usual thing as it's scripted already in the server? Or we need to click some link or anything of some kind?

Comment

Gotta love this place
                  My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

Comment

All hail the mighty Glaude and the Glaudettes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BEAniev1! View Post
                      So how does it work guys? Just need to type in the search box like the usual thing as it's scripted already in the server? Or we need to click some link or anything of some kind?
                      All behind the scenes mate, just use search as normal. Sphinx simply replaces the standard vB search engine with a much faster more efficient one.

************************************************** ********
                      People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                      ************************************************** *************
                      hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                      ************************************************** ********
                      When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

All hail the king of croissants Glaude! Thanks to RWI and staff for making this place greater by the day!

Comment

Just a heads up as we seem to have an indexing issue currently with Sphinx, so if some research return very few results or none and that you suspect it should, use Google to search RWI while we sort that out

Comment

Ahh yes, thank you Glaude! I'm relieved I'm not the only one experiencing search issues at the moment. Can't wait til its up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by WildString46 View Post
                              Ahh yes, thank you Glaude! I'm relieved I'm not the only one experiencing search issues at the moment. Can't wait til its up and running!
                              In the meantime, using google in that way : "your search rwi" or "your search replica watch info" or even "your search site:replica-watch.info" should yield you excellent results

Comment

Working...
                              X