The Situation in China

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Situation in China

Folks, I've been talking to a few of the dealers either by phone or via email and the situation in GZ and Shenzen is pretty dicey.
    Some of them have told me that they will not be returning to work on Monday as the situation is such that they are not prepared to risk the health of their employees. Most will still be checking emails as that can be done from the safety of home but having people attend the offices and/or go to the markets is just too risky. At any rate I believe a lot of the markets will also not be opening as scheduled.

In other words, if you have stuff ordered you are just going to have to be patient, you getting your watch is not worth someone catching this thing and taking it home to their children and elderly. Lives are worth more than our trinkets getting here on time and I had best not hear about anyone complaining to the dealers about delays. It may well be out of their hands anyway as the factories are also putting health first, are yet to reopen and may not do so for some time.

Also one other thing, you WILL NOT catch this virus by ordering stuff from China, the virus can not survive for long outside a host. Please read here: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ail-from-china and here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...c/myth-busters

Lets all just wish the very best for our dealers and hope they all come thru this unscathed and OK, they will be as keen as you to resume normal business I'm sure, they need to make a living but not at the expense of their health and possibly the lives of loved ones. Thank you for your anticipated patience and understanding during this emergency.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Good stuff Boss!
    "People don't care about your watch, so wear what makes you happy!!!" -RWI Proverb# 7

Comment

Thanks for clarifying the situation and help clear some anxiety amongst members. Wishing for good health and safety of the entire community in China including our TDs, forwarders, carriers and all their families. Watches are only objects but family and their health/safety comes first!!

Comment

trailboss99

thank you so much for the update. I trust the members will show understanding and support to the folks working on our hobby there.

Hope all will fine eventually.

Cheers

Comment

Tbh I thought about it and was worried myself but now that I'm assured it can't be contracted through packages I feel a little relieved. Praying for all those Involved and their families of those affected in any way . Hopefully will be all good.

Comment

Thanks boss!

Comment

Thanks for the info boss. Regards

Comment

Great info.
                "Panerai madness"

Comment

always useful info

Comment

Thanks for the info, I put an order in with puretime last weekend and I’m happy to wait as long as it takes, I know Angus won’t let us down and will get our watches to us as soon as it’s safe & possible to do so.
                    Last edited by teaston; 06-02-20, 15:47.

Comment

And if anyone doesn’t want to wait,sead1999 has a number of watches in stock in EU ready for dispatch, I’ve ordered a Sub from him to tide me over until my AP arrives!

Comment

This rep shit is contagious! Thnx for the update

Comment

Thx for the Sticky at the Top, this will help a lot and maybe reduce unnecessary emails/questions.

Lets hope all this thing will be survived soon

Comment

Thx for keeping us up to date.

Comment

Good info, thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X