Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Thread (formally The Situation in China).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TudorGstaad View Post
    "corona" Rolex. So i heard that the virus will survive up to 3 days on a stainless steel surface and it would ne best to not wear watches. Anyone who can confirm this or know some facts ?
    Heard the same thing about virus surviving on steel. Disinfect your watches frequently

Comment

Exactly. It worried me a bit and there is no trustworthy source saying it is'nt dangerous to wear timepieces atm. I disinfect with Glassex cleaner now.

Comment

"corona" Rolex. So i heard that the virus will survive up to 3 days on a stainless steel surface and it would ne best to not wear watches. Anyone who can confirm this or know some facts ?
        Do not worry chinese peoples who are affected 100% do not work yet and they dont have any new infections 2 weeks,only peoples who arrived from other countrys and they are in isolation

Comment

Originally posted by Robi01 View Post

Do not worry chinese peoples who are affected 100% do not work yet and they dont have any new infections 2 weeks,only peoples who arrived from other countrys and they are in isolation
          I understand that, and thanks for your reply. But the question was about if the virus will survive on stainless steel surfaces and for how long. Because this would be dangerous when wearing a watch.

Comment

Can one use Clorox wipes or would that be too harsh on the Stainless?

Comment

I understand that, and thanks for your reply. But the question was about if the virus will survive on stainless steel surfaces and for how long. Because this would be dangerous when wearing a watch.
              Oh yes you are right about that i think they said that virus can survive about 12-13 hours on metals

Comment

Thing is this isn't going away ! Covid 19 is obviously far more virulent and contagious than SARS or MERS . Countries effectively closing down , borders shutting and only really in an containment effort . The current measures aren't for a month or 12 weeks i fear this is long term until a vaccine can be developed .

Comment

Oh yes you are right about that i think they said that virus can survive about 12-13 hours on metals

Quite a few studies have been conducted in Germany, the US I believe and other countries. Most of the studies are saying the virus can survive for around 3 - 4 days on surfaces made of wood, plastic and steel - presumably glass as well.

Your watch is not going to be infected, or even carry the virus on it just because it's made of steel - the virus needs to find its way onto your watch first.

If you have the virus and you touch a steel/wooden/plastic door handle, then the virus on your hands is transferred to the door handle where it could survive for 4 days, or possibly more, the people who touch that door handle after you are exposing themselves to the virus.

Lots of people touch the door handle of an office building entrance, but it's not the same for your watch.

Instead of worrying about watches, worry about door handles, elevator buttons, touch screens at banks, checkouts at the supermarket etc, etc - and of course money, one of the dirtiest things in existence .

Comment

They have just had an expert on Sky News he reckons on metals it can survive up to 72 hours dependant on the hardness of the metal . On packaging and cardboard up to 24 hours .

Comment

[QUOTE=rabl253;n8724006]

Convenience at the cost of exposing your (private, potentially criminal in some jurisdictions?) activities to this random Deleware corporation. I've never heard of them before, but maybe they're nicer than Paypal and will not rando-ban people like Paypal does. Paypal really sucks. Fun fact, did you know Transferwise is not legally allowed to operate in the state of Nevada? https://transferwise.com/us/state-licenses wonder what that's about lmao

Transferwise has been in business for 8 years, founded by two guys from Estonia that worked in London. They have 1700 employees and move $5 billion a month. They transfer on exchanges that are exponentially more liquid than any of the dodgy schemes you are prostelgzing, and to cite the Winklevoss twins and then denigrate this company is well, um whatever. You want to espouse crypto, knock yourself out, but being banned in Nevada is hardly a negative. It's Nevada.

As an expat living overseas, I transferred a sizable portion of my cash net worth through TW, and I worked for a global bank. I saved many thousands of dollars using TW. But hey, if you want to make a transfer in crypto and find out overnight it's now worth half of what you thought you transferred after it actually went through, go for it.

Comment

So i heard that the virus will survive up to 3 days on a stainless steel surface and it would ne best to not wear watches. A
                        Um, if you are only wearing your watch why does it matter?

************************************************** ********
                        People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                        ************************************************** *************
                        hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                        ************************************************** ********
                        When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

4 week complete lockdown for us here in New Zealand starting 11.59 pm wednesday our time. Its like a zombie movie, all the supermarkets chokka with panic buyers hoarding anything and everything. No deaths here yet thankfully but plenty of fear. I cant see this blowing through in a few months unless they magic up a vacine asap. Our govt is throwing money around like confetti but a ton of pain on the way for small businesses and our tourism industry. Stay safe all and be kind to each other
                          Last edited by Mike116; 24-03-20, 04:12.

Comment

Here in Ontario, Canada, we start a 2-week mandatory shutdown of all non-essential businesses as of midnight tonight. I expect that will be extended based on infection rates. Meanwhile some think that they are bulletproof against COVID-19 and that they can party their way thru this. Vancouver. FUCK ME DRUNK. I'd like to see the giants of social media take a leadership role here (Facebook/Twitter/Google/ et. al) with messaging aimed at those who think the rules meant to keep us safe don't apply to them.

Comment

Originally posted by GregB View Post
                              Here in Ontario, Canada, we start a 2-week mandatory shutdown of all non-essential businesses as of midnight tonight. I expect that will be extended based on infection rates. Meanwhile some think that they are bulletproof against COVID-19 and that they can party their way thru this. Vancouver. FUCK ME DRUNK. I'd like to see the giants of social media take a leadership role here (Facebook/Twitter/Google/ et. al) with messaging aimed at those who think the rules meant to keep us safe don't apply to them.
                              Same here in London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GregB View Post
                                Did you see the list of essential businesses that the government put out though? I couldn't find anything that wasn't on it other than clothing stores and beauty parlors...

On a side note, Canada Post has had my Omega for a little under a week now in customs. Any idea on what's happening with our packages?

Comment

Working...
                                X