Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Thread (formally The Situation in China).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TudorGstaad View Post
    I just got fired today because of the corona virus ..
    No, because he lives in a country where an employer can do that.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Complete shutdown in Germany, the borders are officially closed.

Gyms, Nightclubs, Bars and most of the shops are closed from tomorrow on.

Will most probably lose my business if the shutdown remains until May...Won’t be able to cover 9000€ for the rent of my Business and office for several month if there is no money coming in.

Food supply is getting short because people are freaking out, seems like a Mission Impossible movie just without the help of Ethan Hunt & the IMF

Good thing is there is some $$$ to be made.

Stockmarket is on fire ! Wait until there is more blood on the streets and get in !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Marbella View Post
        Gyms, Nightclubs, Bars and most of the shops are closed from tomorrow on.
        Which means tonight is going to be a wild night!

Comment

My investment bank, pulled 80% of our investments on Friday the 6th of March.
          We are now invested primarily in bonds, opposed to heavily in equity & derivative trading, futures etc.

We're mainly sat on cash right now and some commodities, initially we estimated that gold would soar... but that hasn't been the case.

We are expecting another large crash in 4-6 weeks time for UK market, US shortly before or after. Which is where we think precious metals will start to inflate.

If you are sat on cash now, and you're in the UK... please make sure if you have above 85k cash assets you spread the remainder between different accounts. So that you're backed up by the FCA's FSCS £85,000 scheme... (top tip for free is... use your cash ISA allowances on online banks that are FCA approved... Hargreaves Lansdown is a good example of an ISA online account, it's also a good wrapper to use anyway. I have no affiliation to HL before you ask)

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/dep...ngs-protection

I don't know if it the same in your country, but check. Most governments will have a scheme, it is likely we could see defaults on mortgages and property is not a liquid asset... some banks could go under. Don't take chances, split your money between the banks if there are no government schemes that guarantee your money.

This is a good time for investors, and vultures such as my trade. Wait a few weeks and there is plenty of money to be made... inc another 8 year trend imo.
          We all predicted a bear market this year... but I thought it was going to happen August onwards due to Brexit realities...

At the moment investment portfolios do not bode well... we had pretty average returns this year across the board of around 10-11% most of these profit margins have evaporated... we secured on most portfolios ~4% which is barely above real world inflation.

Anyway - I hope you all stay safe and well.
          Last edited by Sonofalich; 17-03-20, 21:46.
          SD43 Comparison - ARF v3 vs Noob v10

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

Hello all,

Please find today’s update on the coronavirus.

The past 24 hours saw an increase of +13,047 COVID-19 cases and +681 fatalities internationally, the highest totals in both categories since the onset of the pandemic.

Italy had another 24 hours of over 3,000 new cases and a record-high +368 deaths overnight. Outside of Italy Spain has recorded the most fatalities in Europe, a number disproportionate to its case count. Greece saw its highest 24-hour case increase at +103. Malaysia’s cases more than doubled overnight, bringing its total to the highest in Southeast Asia by a significant margin.

The past 24 hours has seen additional containment efforts imposed worldwide, including restaurant/bar closures, curfews, restrictions on smaller gatherings, and domestic transportation reduction.

As of 16 March, 80,879 cases of infection and 3,213 deaths from the coronavirus had been reported in China. China reported 13 of its provinces no longer have active coronavirus cases being treated. However, Wuhan warned it is still facing a “severe” epidemic amid a continuation of locally transmitted cases.

On 15 March, The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that gatherings of 50 people or more be canceled or postponed for the next eight weeks. "Large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of COVID-19 in the United States via travelers who attend these events and introduce the virus to new communities," the CDC said in its new guidelines.

Speaking on Meet the Press, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said: “Americans should be prepared that they are going to have to hunker down significantly more than we as a country are doing.” Fauci warned that it could be several weeks to a few months before life in the U.S. begins to return to normal.

Cruise news:

Grand Princess – Moving to San Francisco Bay : “Following the completion of the mission today (15 March), the Grand Princess Cruise Ship will be moved from the Port of Oakland and temporarily anchored in San Francisco Bay while additional crew disembark for chartered flights from a non-commercial portion of San Francisco International Airport,” officials said in a news release. “The individuals disembarking for charted flights Sunday 15 March will undergo the same robust health screenings as passengers from the Grand Princess.” More than 2,400 passengers and 500 crew members were allowed to leave the ship over a 5-day span. The American passengers were taken to one of four military bases across the country to undergo a federally mandated 14-day quarantine. The foreign passengers were flown back to their native countries.
            MS Braemar – Cuba Offers to Receive Ship: Cuba has offered to receive the MS Braemar, which has been searching for somewhere to dock after it was refused entry at several Caribbean ports. The company is also believed to be in negotiations with the U.S. to allow passengers to leave the ship. There are five confirmed coronavirus cases onboard and a further 20 passengers and 20 crew members are in isolation.
            Two Silversea Ships Confirm Cases: A Canadian passenger tested positive for coronavirus on 14 March on the Silver Shadow, which is docked off the port of Recife in Brazil. The 78-year-old man had a fever, cough and difficulty breathing. He was sent to a private hospital in the city. The Silver Explorer docked in Castro, Chile, on 14 March after a passenger tested positive for coronavirus. An 83-year-old British man is in "good condition" and being treated at the Coyhaique Hospital after testing positive.
            Norwegian Jewel – Stranded in South Pacific: Despite having no reported COVID-19 cases onboard, the Norwegian Jewel is searching for a port in the Pacific Ocean after being denied permission to dock at two previously scheduled ports, Norwegian Cruise Line said. The ship was at sea in the South Pacific Ocean off the coast of Suva, Fiji, as of the evening of 15 March. The cruise was scheduled to disembark on 15 March in Papeete, French Polynesia, but the port was canceled, the company said. Another scheduled port of Lautoka, Fiji, on March 17 was also canceled.

Notable U.S. events:

As of 16 March, the U.S. had 3,802 confirmed cases and 69 fatalities. Washington and New York continue to have the highest number of cases. Florida has 149 cases and 5 fatalities. In Florida, Broward County has the greatest number of cases at 36.

On 15 March, Miami-Dade county announced a countywide rule that will force bars, restaurants and nightclubs to close at 11 p.m. starting 16 Monday and halve capacity at those businesses and at theaters. Miami-Dade county Mayor Carlos Gimenez said restaurants could remain open for take-out food and deliveries. Miami Beach and Ft Lauderdale announced measures to shut stretches of public beaches down indefinitely and ordered “non-essential” businesses closed by 10 p.m.

At least 20 states and a number of large urban districts have shut down K-12 schools, most for two- to four-week periods. New York City schools will shut this week. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Short to medium closures do not impact the epi curve of COVID-19." Rather, the CDC suggests longer closures, like eight weeks, would have greater impact.”

Notable Business events:

o On 15 March, Brussels imposed an EU-wide ban on exports of some protective medical equipment to keep sufficient supplies within the bloc.

o Luxury goods company LMVH has instructed its perfume factories to begin making hand sanitizer.

o More retailers suspending operations: Nike is shutting all of its stores in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, New Zealand and Australia beginning Monday. Urban Outfitters will shut all its stores until further notices. Abercrombie & Fitch is closing stores throughout North America through March 28. Patagonia is closing stores through March 27 and will “reassess” thereafter.

Notable Economic Updates

o The Federal Reserve slashed interest rates to near-zero and unveiled plans to snap up huge amounts of government and mortgage-backed debt in an effort backstop the United States economy as the spread of coronavirus poses a dire threat to economic growth.

o In the U.S., Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin will ask Congress to reinstate powers that were used during the 2008 financial crisis to support the economy. Mr. Mnuchin and Jerome H. Powell, the chair of the Federal Reserve, have spoken daily about how to buttress the economy, which faces the prospect of a deep recession as the coronavirus spreads around the world.

Comment

i ok if i order from puretime to europe? would I still received the package as usual ?
              TC Sub V6
              Gen Crown
              Gen Insert
              Gen 91530 Clasp
              Gen Crystal LEC no AR

Comment

Originally posted by sicilianu View Post
                i ok if i order from puretime to europe? would I still received the package as usual ?
                Read the news on Puretime. Plus they have a live chatbox where you could ask/receive an answer to your question almost immediately.

https://puretimewatch.io/news.html

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

Originally posted by Sonofalich View Post

Read the news on Puretime. Plus they have a live chatbox where you could ask/receive an answer to your question almost immediately.

https://puretimewatch.io/news.html
                  thx
                  TC Sub V6
                  Gen Crown
                  Gen Insert
                  Gen 91530 Clasp
                  Gen Crystal LEC no AR

Comment

I know one thing for sure, the arse fell out of BTC

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                    ************************************************** *************
                    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Just got my QC pics from PureTime. Ordered right before CNY, which caused a bit of a delay, and then Covid hit. They are working through their backlog.
                      I'm correct at least twice daily...

Comment

Originally posted by John1 View Post
                        Just got my QC pics from PureTime. Ordered right before CNY, which caused a bit of a delay, and then Covid hit. They are working through their backlog.
                        Interesting, I wonder if their courier is back online, their recent news post (a few weeks ago, to be fair) said that the courier they normally use for reps is closed.
                        Let us know if they do ship it etc, be interesting to know! Thanks

SD43 - Franken Build

Comment

Hello !A PARIS c'est la grosse Merde!

Comment

Originally posted by RADU.E.G View Post
                            C'est chiante partout dans le monde...
                            Rolex 116610LN modded with Seagull 2824 movement and ARF bracelet (sentimental value, bought in Shenzhen watch market)
                            Omega Planet Ocean 600M 43.5mm with rubber strap (B/O) VSF
                            Panerai PAM688 VSF
                            Audemars Piguet 15500 Grey ZF
                            Rolex 126300 Miljust (Silver dial with Milgauss second hand) AAA

Gen : Casio GA-2100-4AJF (Casioak), HKED Sunburst blue chronograph 42mm, Seagull M182SK, Timex chronograph 100m (1999), Seiko 5 SNK809,

Comment

Originally posted by RADU.E.G View Post
                              les français se sont à nouveau rendus

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
                                the arse fell out of BTC
                                Would you provide more information on what BTC is and what you mean...

Comment

Working...
                                X