• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can not see the major of topics

Migueldef1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/17
Hi,

I’m trying to see some links with Omega reviews, howver the system do not allow me.

Try to contact an admn also can not do it.

Any tip?

thanks ;-)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I can see no apparent issues with your profile.

Glaude could you have a look please.

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
There's nothing wrong with your profile, but daytona4me can only receive message from staff member as a personal choice, you can easily imagine how many private message he could receive otherwise.

As for the topics you are looking to access, they must point to either incorrect links for the old forum software, or discarded links in a archive section of the forum with limited access.

If you can post here some of the link you were trying to access and where they were located, I could maybe fix them (your previously posted one is an example of incorrect link and I would need the place you found it to correct it)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hi,

try again and it's the same. For exemple, reviews from Omega reps I'm not allowed to see, this is one exemple:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/sho...t-Ocean-Review

That is a closed sales from years ago, no one apart from staff can access it.

As for contacting admin, there is a link at the top of every single page that says "RWI Help Desk". I'm betting that would be a good place to start, wouldn't you?

Migueldef1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/17
Thank you for your advises. ;-)

About the link be a sale, that link it's in a topic with a list of reviews links. Probably a fault created after an forum upgrade.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Thank you for your advises. ;-)

About the link be a sale, that link it's in a topic with a list of reviews links. Probably a fault created after an forum upgrade.

Yes unfortunately it is a bad link pointing to the wrong thread, which is a closed sale. You are correct we lost a lot of links when we upgraded.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Exactly, due to the old way of displaying forum links on previous software and previous version, some links will incorrectly redirect you to sales thread or other posts than the one you were looking for.

Best course of action, is to look at the link URL and remove any special characters in it, and type that into the search box, you should be able to find the topic like that.

For the one you were looking for : https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...83-new-42mm-5th-gen-omega-planet-ocean-review

Can you point to me where you found this incorrect link so that I can change the URL for other people ? :)

Reactions: C Master

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I don't fear that task :D

Thread is updated with pictures missing and links to all the reviews, enjoy the reading :)

G you are a superstar. I was going to do it later on and dreaded it. I spent days updating links on various sub fora.

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
G you are a superstar. I was going to do it later on and dreaded it. I spent days updating links on various sub fora.

Thanks my friend !

If I'm given a link, I can't help it but need to fix it, so you know what you have to do, just supply me the link of thread with outdated inside links :D