Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.

Announcing PICR.me , RWI's own image hosting site!
See more
See less

[NEW SOFTWARE] Please report bugs here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it be possible at some point to migrate sales feedback from the old site to the new? Not only do I consider my old feedback to have value as it tells people I might transact with that I am easy to deal with but I also relied exclusively upon my feedback link to track the purchases I made. So if at some point in the future I decide to "catch and release" I have no record of what I bought or at what price. Since "sales for profit" are a big no-no I'm at a loss how I will price my re-sales if I have no clue what i paid for them in the first place. Apologies in advance if this question has been already addresses somewhere. I did not see it listed as a to-do or 'done' in the OP and am only recently returned since the restoration of the site. Thanks for all you all are doing to make things familiar and functional :-)

Comment

Originally posted by XAD View Post
      Will it be possible at some point to migrate sales feedback from the old site to the new? Not only do I consider my old feedback to have value as it tells people I might transact with that I am easy to deal with but I also relied exclusively upon my feedback link to track the purchases I made. So if at some point in the future I decide to "catch and release" I have no record of what I bought or at what price. Since "sales for profit" are a big no-no I'm at a loss how I will price my re-sales if I have no clue what i paid for them in the first place. Apologies in advance if this question has been already addresses somewhere. I did not see it listed as a to-do or 'done' in the OP and am only recently returned since the restoration of the site. Thanks for all you all are doing to make things familiar and functional :-)
      Maybe, the problem is the records were corrupted in the hack. The guys are looking into it but no promises.

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
      hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
      When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Dont quite know if i am in the right area but on so many adverts i simply cannot see pictures and just see code. I have a Samsung galaxy 7 and using the RWI icon. Can anyone shed light on this.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by beau7816 View Post
          Dont quite know if i am in the right area but on so many adverts i simply cannot see pictures and just see code. I have a Samsung galaxy 7 and using the RWI icon. Can anyone shed light on this.

Sent from the RWI App
          most of the times via the App (wheter tapa or rwi) you dont see anything..just a line of code..
          i usually subscribe to the threads I might be interested and then check the photos via desktop

Cumbersome and annoying I know
          I'm in love with the shape of Roo // Sucker for 3-6-9 dials

Comment

Originally posted by SuperLory

most of the times via the App (wheter tapa or rwi) you dont see anything..just a line of code..
            i usually subscribe to the threads I might be interested and then check the photos via desktop

Cumbersome and annoying I know
            Same, maybe 50% of pics don’t work on the apps for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had problems uploading pictures lately via RWI app. I just get a text message saying that the forum doesn’t support pictures uploading.

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

Comment

DR3M3L

Hi, I can't access Message Centre on my laptop, I can see notifications etc, but when I click on Inbox the messages flash up for a second then disappear - leaving a blank screen.

I cleared cookies, logged out and logged back in, and the messages appeared for about 3 seconds, then disappeared. I use Chrome on my laptop.

I can get in on my phone, on Chrome browser, but it's very slow and buggy.
                Vintage Rolex Builds: http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/tripdog/library/

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post
                  DR3M3L

Hi, I can't access Message Centre on my laptop, I can see notifications etc, but when I click on Inbox the messages flash up for a second then disappear - leaving a blank screen.

I cleared cookies, logged out and logged back in, and the messages appeared for about 3 seconds, then disappeared. I use Chrome on my laptop.

I can get in on my phone, on Chrome browser, but it's very slow and buggy.
                  That's weird.... I can't reproduce this so far... Could you do a hard reload on the page?

Comment

Originally posted by DR3M3L View Post

That's weird.... I can't reproduce this so far... Could you do a hard reload on the page?
                    On the laptop ?

I'll try it later

Comment

Originally posted by androme View Post
                      Not sure if bug or feature but I cannot do anything with my signature (where as I see some people with big signatures etc.)

If I try to add anymore characters or anything to my current signature which is only 4/5 lines, I get the below message pop-up.
                      • Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 10 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines. (sigtoomanylines)

So.... low priority but the aforementioned sig issue?
                      WANTED: AP 15400 JF v3 Blue w/ Silenced Rotor + AR xtal
                      WANTED: JLC Moonphase Ultrathin ZF Silver

SH3135 Essential Upgrades Thread

Superfranken SubC 116610LN Noob V6S w/ Hybrid Gen-Yuki

Originally posted by smoke
                      Lol how many time must I repeat myself .no rep watches has good xtal

Comment

I'll check the group settings mate.

************************************************** ********
                        ************************************************** *************
                        hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                        When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Comment

androme try now mate

************************************************** *************

Comment

Originally posted by DR3M3L View Post

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to sort this out. Cleared cache, cookies, restarted, logged out, logged back in, disabled apps on the laptop etc - nothing works.

On a Google search I discovered that it's a problem that's been around for several years on various forums - inability to read, compose, send PMs etc, - lot's of different 'variations' on the problem.
                            It seems happens a lot on Chrome, but it also happens on Firefox, Safari etc.

I didn't find a solution, but from what I've read, it is a bug in the forum, which may be related to advertising running in the background. For some people clearing cache and cookies works, others have to use a different browser - I can get in on Explorer on my laptop, but can't get in with Chrome on my laptop, but on my phone Chrome works OK, albeit it's slow and the lag can be very bad.

As I said before, I've seen quite a few people posting on RWI that they can't send a PM/use their Message Centre.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
                              androme try now mate
                              Thanks!!
                              WANTED: AP 15400 JF v3 Blue w/ Silenced Rotor + AR xtal
                              WANTED: JLC Moonphase Ultrathin ZF Silver

SH3135 Essential Upgrades Thread

Superfranken SubC 116610LN Noob V6S w/ Hybrid Gen-Yuki

Originally posted by smoke
                              Lol how many time must I repeat myself .no rep watches has good xtal

Comment

hi. Here is one thing that I found using IE11:
                                go to User Settings, then to section User Setting.
                                Section Posts per Page
                                Tried changing it to 40, but it defaults to 'Use Forum Default' no matter how many you choose ( I think default is 15).

Last edited by PhilRRS; 23-04-18, 15:01. Reason: including IE version.
                                Current collection - Panerai 203, DSSD d-blue, Tudor Heritage Bucherer, Glashütte Senator, IWC Portuguese
                                Authentic - Tudor Heritage Bucherer, Tudor Black Bay GMT

Comment

Working...
                                X