This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post

Thats sucks, least it's only a few hours till the weekend.

Plus we'll all have lovely staycations to look forward to in the summer......2022......maybe
    Lol. I did it last year summer. I visited a lot of places in Ireland. I am glad to report Rip off Republic is not dead and gone. I could have had three weeks in France for the price I paid for a week here. Dublin was the cheapest of the lot surprisingly.

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
    There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
    ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
    Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Originally posted by C Master View Post

Lol. I did it last year summer. I visited a lot of places in Ireland. I am glad to report Rip off Republic is not dead and gone. I could have had three weeks in France for the price I paid for a week here. Dublin was the cheapest of the lot surprisingly.
      That is surprising as Dublin is usually up the tables in the most expensive places in the world to live, but I guess if you're just visiting, maybe not too bad, relatively speaking though.

They normally gouge on Paddys Day, not unlike most other countries on their national days, but we seem to take it to another level sometimes, probably why it was such an alien concept for the Irish to holiday locally in 2020.

Re the other places in Ireland, 100% agree, they go to town on visitors and exploitation is the most appropriate word i can use to describe it. I recently heard of a 4 bed house in our "picturesque countryside" being rented, this June (weather could go either way) for 800 per night. That's 5600 for the week, no words, unfathomable, even between 4 couples its mental.

If I thought I'd get past the guards at the airport I'd be in continental Europe so quick this summer.

But the main thing is to stay safe, and one consequence of not spending much over the last wee while, is more money to spend on watches - just cant tell the missus
      "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

Comment

Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post
        But the main thing is to stay safe, and one consequence of not spending much over the last wee while, is more money to spend on watches - just cant tell the missus
        ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
        There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
        ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
        Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

I found this forum is very useful, I have wasted money on poor quality replicas in the past, now I will not! Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canny View Post
            I found this forum is very useful, I have wasted money on poor quality replicas in the past, now I will not! Thanks a lot!!!!!!
            Now you will be spending more money on good quality watches! Welcome to RWI!

Comment

hello everyone i'm new to this board. I wish everyone all the best first of all. Greetings to the seventh dwarf.

Comment

^^ Welcome and have fun on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DerSiebteZwerg View Post
                  hello everyone i'm new to this board. I wish everyone all the best first of all. Greetings to the seventh dwarf.
                  Welcome aboard Seventh Dwarf.

I'd recommend parking some time and reading everything in the below section:-

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/new-members-area

There are alot of stickied threads, written by both past and present members, so a wealth of free information that is highly valuable and will equip you in efficiently navigating the forum.

It will stand to you ten fold if/when you decide to venture into the main forum and/or attempt a purchase either via a TD or M2M.

Best of luck & enjoy the hobby.

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I just re-read this today and enjoyed how well the intended spirit of this forum has been put into words here.
                      WTB in EU: IWC Pilot Top Gun, Rolex Sky Dweller, AP 15500

'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.'
                      Bill Keane

Comment

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X